X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CC Rider
    commented on 's reply
    I'm going stealth mode also. If all your using is PAS 1, do you even need a display?

• MoneyPit
    commented on 's reply
    OK not a surprise. good to know mine is not defective in some way. thx!

• HIGHVOLTAGE
    commented on 's reply
    Normal behaviour for all of the displays including the DPC-18. There is no documentation or testing done yet on how to adjust it, or if it's even possible as far as I know.
    Last edited by HIGHVOLTAGE; 02-05-2018, 07:07 PM.

• MoneyPit
    replied
    I hjave mine hooked up to a separate display that I know is accurate - a dual-motor setup where I have the same battery hooked up to both motors' displays, plus I've got meters etc. The DPC-18 is consistently reading 1v higher than the actual level. Sometimes under load, when the voltage is sagging, the differential is along the lines of 0.7v... but its always reading high. Anyone else seen this?

I don't suppose there's an adjustment hiding somewhere? Not expecting to find one exists but it'd be nice.

Leave a comment:

• Thane
    commented on 's reply
    Did you get an answer to this? Mine is doing the same thing

• Sebz
    commented on 's reply
    Hi are they from LunaCycle? Normally they should not show ECO and Sport. If it's from us email: support@lunacycle.com

• panbear
    replied
    Originally posted by ummagawd View Post
    Sooooo my dpc-18/bbshd does NOT show "MAX PAS".... instead... it appears to be the "older" sport/eco mode options. Is this a hardware or firmware thing?

I have the programming cable and have written the "limitless" profile. But I seem to only be stuck in 5 PAS levels.

Can anyone help me get 9?

How does the PAS get allocated if it's programmed for 9, but the dpc-18 limits to 5. Is 5 considered "9" in this scenario?
    Same problem here ... Anyone know of work around ?

Leave a comment:

• Sebz
    commented on 's reply
    I charge my iPhone with it and it's fine. it will charge at .5ah instead of 2a. It's more of a warning about what you plug into it... like plugging a powerful led to it.

We haven't seen much failures on any display at least not from plugging a quality phone into it.

I'm pretty sure that bafang will never sell the USB part of it (if it's on a separate PCB).

• MichaelT
    commented on 's reply
    Unfortunately that .5A USB scares the {content removed} out of me. Just plugging in my phone could toast the whole dash.
    I actually would be better if you did not offer this item to the customer due to the potential damage that can occur, from just a phone!
    Maybe it's time to develop your own dash LUNA....

• HIGHVOLTAGE
    commented on 's reply
    Bafang is the original manufacture of these displays. http://www.bafang-e.com/ LunaCycle does not really play a role in ensuring these all of these features are usable and functional. Bafang simply offers them as an option if you wish to integrate it into part of your system

Sellers can take advantage of it if they choose but I don't believe we'll be focusing on that anytime soon due to the logistics involved with getting it work right. A lot of this stuff usually requires a bike that is pre-built and standardized under a single design. With kits, there are too many variables and differences in everyones build that it's a lot more difficult to design software that can cater to everyone's preferences. It is much easier to have basic statistics that are important like Voltage, Amps & Speed and to just use your phone to calculate other stuff like range or GPS if you need it.
    Last edited by HIGHVOLTAGE; 01-07-2018, 12:04 PM.

• MichaelT
    replied
    • Do not trust the Password lock down, I could actually use the throttle while it's locked.
    Is there going to be a update to correct this? OR, Will we have to buy another dash to correct this programing SNAFU.
    • The range function and any other battery info related fonctions will require a special BMS that is not available
    When will this feature/BMS be available? ... I have the750c and it wasn't available for this ether.
    Actually....Why even bother programming this in, its useless.
    • It's only capable of supplying 500ma (or 0.5a) so do not use it to power anything that requires more. No warranty on the USB port if used incorrectly.
    If the USB circuit is NOT part of the main PCB, then make available by stocking it, or us direct ordering the USB part.
    If the USB is part of the main PCB, then this is product is completely FU in design and should be redesigned into 2 internal components, the USB more robust than it is.
    My Samsung S8 Active will try to pull as much as 2A if possible, what good is a 500ma outlet? It won't even keep up the charge with the screen ON and the GPS working...LOL
    Good 3 years ago, not now, not with today's phones! Has the development and programing upkeep of this item taken such a back seat...like back of the bus?!

I'm gunna dig out the DPC-14 and use that.....It works....(Sooo disappointed here).

Leave a comment:

• ufnv
    replied
    Originally posted by ummagawd View Post
    Sooooo my dpc-18/bbshd does NOT show "MAX PAS".... instead... it appears to be the "older" sport/eco mode options. Is this a hardware or firmware thing?

I have the programming cable and have written the "limitless" profile. But I seem to only be stuck in 5 PAS levels.

Can anyone help me get 9?

How does the PAS get allocated if it's programmed for 9, but the dpc-18 limits to 5. Is 5 considered "9" in this scenario?
    The same with me - cannot find a way to get 9 PAS levels, it shows sport/eco mode instead.

Leave a comment:

• HIGHVOLTAGE
    commented on 's reply
    Nope, unfortunately it does not. The 750c is also the same way.

• MPieczko
    replied
    Does the DPC-18 have removable cable between the display and the button control? I'd like to do a stealth install and put the display in a bag under the seat with the battery, but then remote route the button cable to the bars. Just not sure if an extension is able to be used or the wires need spliced. The DPC-14 supposedly has a removeable calbe, just not sure the Luna 750c does or not, or the DPC-18.

I'd consider the stock 961 display if I knew I could extend the button control cable successfully.

Leave a comment:

• Rodney64
    commented on 's reply
    It will be hardware, not cable will fix this, where did you get this display.
Working...
X