• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sebz
    started a topic DPC-18 Display documentation

DPC-18 Display documentation

Luna DPC-18 color Display

Click image for larger version  Name:	Main_PIcture__39755.1503343001.1280.1280.jpg Views:	1 Size:	228.6 KB ID:	45577

Display Features:
    • Full Color Display
    • Automatic Night Mode (with customizable light sensitivity)
    • Up to 9 levels of assist
    • Choice of Percentage or Voltage display for Battery (goes up to 60V)
    • USB Charger
    • Accurate battery gauge
    • Watt OR Amp Display to gauge how much you are pulling
    • Clock
    • Password Lock (only locks the screen, motor will still work)
    • Error code list and memory
    • Waterproof
    • No more advanced menu, simpler interface.
    • New control pad

Why upgrade?
    • It's well made, brackets are sturdier and will fit over wider/bigger MTB stems.
    • Looks better too, easier to the eyes.
    • Waterproof, DPC-14 was barely rainproof.
    • Higher visibility compared to the DPC-14 and has auto nigh mode.
    • No more advanced menus with passwords, better interface.
    • VOLTAGE GOES UP TO 60V! finally a accurate voltage meter.

‚Äč
    Video walkthrough :

Specs:
    • 92mm x 57mm
    • compatible from 22mm to 32mm handle bars (includes rubber spacers)
    • 3.2 inch diagonal screen
    • Glossy plastic screen
    • Waterproof IP65 (protected against small water jets, USB cap on)
    • USB Charger 5V 500ma MAX, not recommended to power head lamps

Click image for larger version  Name:	TECH_SHEET__74320.1503103937.550.550.jpg Views:	1 Size:	115.3 KB ID:	45576

How to use it:
    • Hold the power button for 2 sec to power up, hold for 2 sec to power down
    • Hold the headlamp button to force night mode
    • Hold the "-" button for walk mode (motor will run very slowly to help you walk)
    • Use the "+" and "-" to select the PAS setting (can be set 0-3, 0-5 or 0-9 in settings)
    • Press the "i" button to cycle from ODO, TRIP, MAX speed, AVG speed, TIME.
    • Double press the "i" to access the settings.
    • Set speed limit in display above 30MPH if you want display to show watt gauge higher than 750w

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC09977__72322.1503103939.1280.1280.jpg Views:	1 Size:	433.6 KB ID:	45588

Main screen:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	LUNA_DPC18__08124.1503439684.1280.1280.jpg Views:	1 Size:	261.2 KB ID:	45581

Settings :

Double press the "i" to access the settings. Once in the menu you will see display and information,

Information tab:
    To see stored error codes and battery information (NOT USED)

Display tab:
    You will get this, move up and down using the "+" & "-" and select with the "i", then when highlighted change it with the "+"or "-", confirm your selection with the "i" button again.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Main_Menu_Settings_copy__60824.1503439571.1280.1280-2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	209.7 KB ID:	45589

WARNING:

If you are using this LCD with a 52V battery the fuel gauge and the % level will not be accurate at all, they will both show full till you have 30-40% left. This can play trick with you, can make you think you are charged when you are not or can make you think the battery is defective.

So please set the display to SOC voltage and not percentage. Check our voltage charts here if you are unfamiliar with voltage levels: CLICK HERE

NOTES and RECOMMENDATIONS:
    • Even though it's IP65 rated, we do not recommend using a garden hose or pressure washer directly on the LCD.
    • The display is not waterproof if a USB wire is plugged in.
    • It's only capable of suppling 500ma (or 0.5a) so do not use it to power anything that requires more. No warranty on the USB port if used incorrectly.
    • Do not trust the Password lock down, I could actually use the throttle while it's locked.
    • The range fonction and any other battery info related fonctions will require a special BMS that is not available.
    • Does not work with Bafang Ultra. For Ultra, you need a different display specially built for it.
    • Use the voltage mode instead of the %, it will be more accurate, you can use our charts here to guide you :CLICK HERE

Trouble shooting:

Error codes : https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...ouble-shooting
    Dead LCD: https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...bbshd-or-bbs02
    Random issues: https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...t-still-moving

OFFICAL BAFANG MANUAL (edited for BBSHD/02)
    Last edited by Sebz; 11-30-2017, 03:52 PM.

• Ttreshh
    replied
    Is this display so smart to change speed/power scale depending on Max.Speed setted in preferences? Take a look to a picture, there is different scales - up to 30kmph and upto 60kmph. Different software or just different settings in menu?

And wtf eco/sport means? Do they discounted this feature according to manual here, or it's still remains?
    30kmph max 60kmph max

Leave a comment:

• bohunter
    replied
    Does anyone else have an issue that the pas display goes back to zero if you stop for more than 6 seconds? I wish I could disable this feature and can't seem to find out how. If anyone has any ideas please let me know how. Also there is no option for factory settings in the setting display.

Leave a comment:

• Sebz
    commented on 's reply
    Not possible I think... mine is stuck in 24h format.. only USA/UK uses 12h ;) So I guess it has be international!

• HIGHVOLTAGE
    commented on 's reply
    I just use my phone personally.

• indyengr
    replied
    Anybody get this to display the clock in 12-hour format? Not all of us went military, and after a 4-hour ride it gets harder to understand to that 16:21 is before dinner.

Leave a comment:

• max_volt
    commented on 's reply
    Vid shows torque settings. The software link is there courtesy of woggs1.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWCR3iV3d9I
    Last edited by max_volt; 07-05-2018, 11:09 AM.

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    It sold out.

• khoakhoa
    commented on 's reply
    No DPC- 18 display or ultra on lunacycle.com

Bad sign?

• HIGHVOLTAGE
    commented on 's reply
    There is no Bafang app from what I know. Are you referring to Penoff's software for programming? Cause that was user made and doesn't unlock PAS levels unfortunately.

• khoakhoa
    commented on 's reply
    Seems like ultra , thats all there is, maybe because there is an Eco mode 1-5 and then Sports 1-5..
    I will assume this is why they took out the 1-9 levels.

• MoneyPit
    commented on 's reply
    Does the Bafang app for the ultra unlock PAS? Assuming its even generally available? I've got 9 levels on my DPC-18s but they are also both BBSHDs
    Last edited by MoneyPit; 05-23-2018, 10:35 AM.

• HIGHVOLTAGE
    commented on 's reply
    Nope, it's simply not possible.
    Last edited by HIGHVOLTAGE; 05-23-2018, 12:18 PM.

• khoakhoa
    replied
    Just received, DPC-18 display that came with Bafang Ultra mid drive kit from Luna Cycle. So as of May 2018, what is the solution to get PAS beyond 1-5 options?

*Does not seem to matter if sport or eco mode 1-5 is only option. Going into advance does not show the setting for 9 in the video walkthrough.

Does it require programming? aka need a programming cable.

Leave a comment:

• MoneyPit
    commented on 's reply
    ^^^^^ EXACTLY. Learn to think in terms of volts rather than battery bars or percentages. Take the above chart and tape it onto your down tube for reference. After awhile, the numbers will make sense to you at a glance to your display.

I made a different chart with a lot more detail, and spread them out to several other voltages. Also a smaller quickref with just 5 or six settings so its even easier to understand.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Working...
X