X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onemorejoltwarden
    replied
    Thanks. Sorry for the lag in response, but having to use multiple forums for support , confounds my orientation.

I still have not clarified the pass word issue, but have avoided it.

The programs for downloading and unpacking still confuse me ,especially in the era, now, of hacking, viruses and ransomware contamination.

My concern is and has been the ability of the throttle to get bumped in PAS 0 and start the bike rolling., either into traffic , or while attempting to replace a dropped chain.

I can get by with some kludges, but inelegance and being unsafe are prtetty damn near the same thing to me.

Thanks again7, 3Eldo.

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    It used to do 9 levels, bafang changed it. I assume they did that to fix some kind of incompatibility since it also works with ultra now.

• 73Eldo
    replied
    Unless I'm missing it somewhere this appears to be the only color display that you can't set to 9 PAS levels? Can I change that with the programming cable?

And another maybe I'm just doing it wrong but most displays you can reset the 'trip' by holding + - down at the same time. I saw the reset option in the setup and thought that would enable that function but that seems to be the only way to reset it?

I do like the colors, seems to make it less harsh to read especially in lower light and I like that its got a night mode too. If the PAS is stuck on 5 that kinda stinks as does taking several steps to reset the trip odometer. Hopefully I'm just missing something there.

Leave a comment:

• 73Eldo
    commented on 's reply
    I have not read the manual or used that model display. Typically the password you can set is meant to be a lock to prevent someone that does not know the password from being able to use the electric functions of the bike.

I'm not sure what software you are talking about, typically the displays are not user programmable other than what can be done on the display itself. Most of the Bafang products have a programming cable option that programs the controller. Getting the proper drivers for your specific programming cable can be a mystery hassle and once you do connect to the unit its not super clear or obvious what the settings do and how they interact so its not something you should just jump into without doing some research and just riding the bike some to understand what the system does and what else you may want it to do.

Many of us when starting out were not that happy with the default setting of 5 assist levels and were thinking we needed to do some re programming but when we found out you could change it to 9 levels on the display were happy. 9 doesn't change the min or max, it just gives you more and finer steps in between. The steps is usually on the same settings page on the display that has the tire size.

It also really helps at first to have the brake cutout sensors or levers as well as a gear sensor. When you are not used to it the little delays of starting and stopping can be a little unnerving but knowing the brakes will cut it off helps a lot.

• Onemorejoltwarden
    replied
    Before opening password section on the DPC-18, I wanted to clarify what the password protection does.
    What does it protect? Other than shut down the display?
    Will the PAS programming level and power selection be accessible if the display is off? Throttle?
    If the display is bricked by a password x10 fumble, what still works and what is lost? Does it go back to pre fumble state?
    The manual fumbles a bit with the grammar, and this is not clear.

I want to download the program and adjust power down while I a getting used to the unit.
    The Google doc page of the zip file opens , but Google is asking for so other things to be installed and I am not clear as to what and why theses things are.
    and what permissions they are requesting. Doc viewer and zip_extractor. I have other programs I use for these functions I have cleared and understand the
    permissions on. Can the programs be downloaded without these files?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    The display has an odometer, it is not somehow separate from the display. If the display was locked by setting a password and forgetting it, you need a new display

• Debi
    replied
    He said change my display or you talking about I need a new display, are you speaking about me getting a brand new odometer.. so my odometer cannot be reset? I need to get a new odometer

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    If you do not have the password that was set for the display then you would need to replace the display.

• Debi
    replied
    My odometer password is stuck I believe it is a dcp18 bafang , it will not accept my new password and I do not know the old can somebody help me? Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Debi
    replied
    My name is Debi I have a bafang DPC 18 electric bikes with a step password on the odometer do you not know how to reset or no old password it will not accept my password that I reset it with how do I fix this problem and get my odometer back on

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    56.4 is what the dpc14 displayed as that was the highest it would read even with a fully charged 52v battery. I can't speak for why it has supposedly changed but maybe check you are actually using a DPC-18 and not dpc14. If so you may need a new display or to try to reset settings

• Tortue
    replied
    I just performed the Advanced 52v Charger fine tune per the YouTube link that Luna sent me. My DPC now reads 56.4v when the battery is fully charged.
    I've measured the battery output and it's reading 58.62 after an overnight charge/balance.
    Previously the DPC was displaying a voltage that was within .2 to .3v of the battery voltage.
    Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    DPC-18 can not do that.

• Lithium Bob
    replied
    Hi all. New to the forum. I have converted my ever faithful 20 year old mountain bike to electric with a BBSHD on 14s. Goes great, very happy. Does anyone know how to get the individual cell voltages to display on the DCP-18? I am using a battery of my own construction and realise there is additional hardware I will need. The vendor I bought the BBSHD off hasn't been particularly helpful.

I expect there is usually an output from the battery BMS that provides this information in a format the DCP-18 understands. If I'm on the right track can anyone tell me where I can buy a compatible BMS please.

Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    replied
    A few still have it, specifically there is a version for Ultra which still has this mode. But yeah if you are using it with BBSxx odds are you will not have a display with this mode, nor would it do anything if you did.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X