Error code 12 bafang BBS02 850c display

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error code 12 bafang BBS02 850c display

Yesterday it was heavy snowing, I drove slowly, speed 1, 10 km per hour and with 55V voltage. When the bafang motor suddenly stopped after holding. I got no wrong info on display, the morning after when drying up the wet. I received error code error code 12. What would be the problem?

I'd guess the same as the other displays.

See: https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...bs02-and-bbshd

Comment

Error 12 controller report
      0x12 Current sensor error

I look to the error codes in the screen menu, I power up, but no error more, the motor still not working and in the advanced menu no error codes! Empthy
      Last edited by jpc6000; 12-12-2017, 04:31 AM.

Comment

I opened the controller and it contained water, dried and closed again. Connected the motor turned. Everything connected again. Power up, engine no longer rotated. Again controller open and checked again. And connected again, works again. Run the motor for a while. Reconnect everything, start up, nothing again. All connections removed, only power and main cable. Nothing more, sometime it starts and than stops, but now nothing more. When I power up sometime the motor works, when I stop, the motor refused to turn.

Comment

Water in the controller? Yeah it's done unfortunately. Even if it works, it may not ever be the same again. Probably going to need a new controller.

Comment

And if water is in the controller I'd be dissembling the motor side of things while replacing to make sure there's no water / water damage on that side - Aside from all the RTV goobered in there they aren't sealed from each other...

Comment

I got this error on a BBSHD after about 6 months use. No water damage or anything like that.when it went faulty and the error showed up it tripped my BMS so I think it was a dead short giving massive current draw. I only do about 6 or 7 miles a day to and from work and about 20 or 30 miles for fun at the weekend. I wrote to bafang when my BBSHD packed up and they said the controller was toast. They offered me a new one foc for an $80 delivery. Still might take them up on that offer but slow boats and China ain't gonna get meup and running fast so I got my replacement super fast from Luna. I also got a prog lead with a view to repair and upgrade for the broken one. I've stripped and de-potted the damaged unit all ready to start removing the mosfets. Hoping one or more of the mosfets are shorted and this might be the issue. I've had a practise run on one of my old bbs02 controllers... the mosfets are a real pig to desolder. I'll let you know what I find.

Comment

All 5 removed so far from a dud bbs02 have tested good... typical!

Comment

I have exactly the same issue. I'm not convinced that it's definitely the controller though, because of its inconsistent nature. You're not alone in replacing the hall sensors and mosfets, only to find that they're all OK. I stripped my motor down completely yesterday - everything tests fine, but same issue today when, after working fine after the tear down last night, decides not to work today. Frustrating!!!

Let us know your progress...

Comment

Working...
                  X