Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bafang BBS02 always shows low battery

Hi,

Recently bought a bafang 750 bbs02 motor. C963 display. Battery is a 9s6p battery . Home-built 37.3V fully charged and 25A continuous current.
    I hooked up everything after battery charged and the display shows low battery. How does the controller know this or should I input some settings to tell it what it is working with?
    Is there a possibility I got the + and - muddled up and that is why this is happening?

It sounds like the display is configured for 48V battery - I don't know if that can be changed or not with that display...

Do you know where the low voltage cutoff in the controller is set? That will need to be set properly for the lower voltage battery too...
    Last edited by AZguy; 12-27-2017, 12:32 PM.

Comment

that is the case. motor is for 48V and battery is 37.3 (peak). Can't change it with this display. Only option is the programming cable and software update. Anybody got one of those lying around? :)

Comment

No big - the battery indicator in most of these displays aren't all that useful - just get a batt-man or cycle analyst and you'll not only get the digital voltage but also the A, W, Ah and Wh...

Comment

How does your BBS02 run at that 37.3 and lower voltage? Or does it? As far as I know, most of the BBS02 controllers come with the LVC set at around 41 Volts. To change that you would need a programming cable or the gadget that Luna have to make changes without a PC.
          https://lunacycle.com/luna-black-box...02-programmer/

Comment

They should run fine except top speed (cadence) will be 3/4 and yes - the LVCO will need to be lower than for the 48 or 52V (that's why I asked)...

Comment

Working...
            X