Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reprogrammed BBS02

Hi there,

Got a BBS02 with a 48V battery and 45A BMS.

I reprogrammed the motor controller. Neither the software nor my display unit can remove my 40km/h top limit. Is the only way to reduce my wheel size input which will then give me fake readings but higher top speed? I will still be limited to max current (I set this to 18A). I can set it back to 25A as my BMS and battery should be able to take this load but most recommend 18A.
    Secondly, I am looking for settings that will provide save long term use of my battery., BMS and motor. I am not so concerned with extreme acceleration or top speed but more leaning towards not burning out BMS, battery or motor.

I've reprogrammed the controller using Karl's Secret Sauce settings and successful removed any top speed restrictions. Not that I ever need or want to go over 40 kph on a mountain bike.
    Last edited by Freewheelingf; 02-04-2018, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freewheelingf View Post
      I've reprogrammed the controller using Karl's Secret Sauce settings and successful removed any top speed restrictions. Not that I ever need or want to go over 40 kph on a mountain bike.
      Thanks,

One of the tricks seems to change wheel diameter to 18inch. Now the value reads as miles per hour and 40mph is now max. Right? I have also used Karl's secret sauce but the value "40" is still max. Do you display a higher value than this?

Comment

I use mph rather than kph. My 500w BBS02 with 42t front ring hasn't got a very high top speed. But I can easily break the 25mph barrier, which is equivalent to 40kph.

Comment

Working...
        X