Adding Heat sinks to BBSO2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Heat sinks to BBSO2

My BBSO2 w/ 52v battery gets quite warm after my 15 mile commute averaging 20mph with full pedal assist and plenty of effort on my part. I was thinking to use thermal glue to attach some heat sinks to the motor in the hope that it would keep it cooler. I removed the mud flap seen in the picture now that winter has passed here in MN. The motor did not get so hot in the winter of course. This is now my first summer with the bike. Any thoughts? Thanks.
    I have removed the flap in from of the motor now that winter is over to  allow for more air cooling.

If you can design the fins so they catch the air and direct it over the casing when moving forward that'll work best. I saw this great implementation on a cyclone mini once, less stealth but effective.

Some other guy put a CPU case fan right on the casing. Wonder how long that held up lol

Comment

Originally posted by Orrie View Post
      My BBSO2 w/ 52v battery gets quite warm after my 15 mile commute averaging 20mph with full pedal assist and plenty of effort on my part. I was thinking to use thermal glue to attach some heat sinks to the motor in the hope that it would keep it cooler. I removed the mud flap seen in the picture now that winter has passed here in MN. The motor did not get so hot in the winter of course. This is now my first summer with the bike. Any thoughts? Thanks.
      Go slower. Install a BBSHD or a Bafang Ultra. Install a suitable hub motor that can take the wattage and heat your speed produces.

You have no headroom now. You are using your system at the top of it's capacity. You need a bike that is capable of 35mph plus so when you going 20 everything will be fine.
      Last edited by calfee20; 6 days ago.

Comment

Working...
      X