Which donor bike should I buy, I am planning a BBSHD or BBS02 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which donor bike should I buy, I am planning a BBSHD or BBS02 Build

Your choices are wide open but if you want an easy install its best to pick a bike where someone has already installed and documented the install.

The thing is with a mid drive install is that some installs can go really easy and some can require some crafting to make fit.

One of the biggest issues you should consider when picking a bike is where you are going to mount your battery.

The most ideal place to mount a battery is in the triangle where you have a lot of space. and the space is centralized and therefore a well balanced place to mount the battery. Luna Cycle sales triangle bags and triangle shaped batteries.

The cats meow (and the hardest to adapt) is a full suspension mountain bike but because of limited space in the triangle your battery choices are more limited.

The best place to find ideas on which bikes to convert is right here on our forums where we have A bafang builders thread where you can see how to install kits on specific bikes. (see the thread now)
Working...
X