• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPieczko
    commented on 's reply
    Main power cable options are here:
    https://lunacycle.com/parts/bafang-p...iring-harness/

The standard length is 30in to the "Y" and the extended is 41in.

• MPieczko
    commented on 's reply
    Spindle and thread length appears to be 20mm beyond the BB length of the kit. That is, a 68mm kit has an 88mm spindle with 20mm of threads; 100mm kit has 120mm spindle with 20 mm of threads, etc.

• AZguy
    commented on 's reply
    My tires make all the noise - you can't hear the BBSHD at all compared. I have a gopro on the handlebars and there is a sound that get's telegraphed through the frame that is clearly the motor (well most likely the gears) and it sounds loud on those videos but it really is extremely quiet...

• calfee20
    commented on 's reply
    Nearly totally silent.

• MPieczko
    replied
    How much noise does the BBSHD make? My wife wants a pretty silent unit for 'stealth' but have not been able to find anyone showing how the current kit sounds.

Leave a comment:

• MPieczko
    replied
    Also trying to figure out how much wire I need for battery connection - would like to mount a 30q 6ah small battery in a saddle bag - not sure how long the BBSHD drive power cables & battery and are, and if it is recommended to solder/splice new wire in order to add length, or leave the original wire and connectors in place and just buy extra xt90 M/F pigtails to make an 'extension cord'.

Leave a comment:

• MPieczko
    replied
    Has anyone published the 'spindle' length and threaded length for the different kits? And then what size spacers are provided?

After referring to this and other forum articles I made mock ups and taking LOTS of measurements and still my trouble is specifically whether or not to get the 68-73 kit or the 73-100 kit. My wife's bike BB measures 73mm.

Here's what I have: in order to clear the gear reducer and 42t Eclipse ring I will need to add 4mm BB spacers to each side of the BB to clear the gear reducer to chainstays, and then add 3.3mm chainring spacer to avoid the chainstay with the 42t Eclipse. This is with my mock up, I may need to add an additional 1-2mm to each BB side to get final clearance, and/or an additional 3.3 on the chainring (understanding I could run into crank interference). So, my concern is that the 68-73 kit may end up being too short, or will the 73-100 kit be too long to still thread into my BB?
    I can find no info on the different kit 'spline' length and threaded length to figure this out on my own without having someone measure an actual kit and send that to me, which I guess i'm asking for those dimensions if anyone has them.

Leave a comment:

• calfee20
    commented on 's reply
    Great post I was looking for that thread but couldn't find it.

• Sebz
    commented on 's reply
    https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...ight-bbsxx-kit

second to last pic..

You can also check the chainring guide for clearance on the chainring : https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...g-offset-guide

• FatMarty
    replied
    I measured my installed BBSHD and it looks like 3”,(75mm), from sprocket center for reduction gear housing.
    Using Luna Eclipse 42t chain wheel its about 4 1/4”.

Leave a comment:

• Poco Askew
    replied
    I'm trying to determine if a BBSHD install will clear my chainstays. Can anyone confirm the diameter of the gear reduction on the drive side? This seems like very useful information, but I'm having a heck of a time finding the answer. The best I can come up with is about 125mm. Does that sound right? Sorry if this info is all over the place. I've looked and looked but no joy. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• FatMarty
    replied
    A simple method to determine if the ID of your bottom bracket is large enough for a BBSHD/BB002 is to remove all bottom bracket hardware and use a length of 1” pipe or rigid PVC to check clearance.
    The shaft of these mid-drives are 1” pipe.

Leave a comment:

• Sebz
    commented on 's reply
    Link fixed!

Xt-90's are very good, just need a little dielectric grease to prevent oxidation.

• Sebz
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you, link fixed

• mtm408
    replied
    [QUOTE=John T;n41291]While waiting for my battery to come back, I'd like to clean up the wiring harness. There is a 9" wire loop up the down tube on my bike. I'd like to get rid of the loop and connect the Luna side shark battery to the BBSo2. XT-90 connector for sure, but what about waterproofing? Elsewhere are are cautionary about dielectric grease. The thread above, on connecting motor & battery ends as an "error 404". Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE

https://www.electricbike.com/matchin...to-controller/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X