Wattage per RPM ??? [Cyclone 3000w]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wattage per RPM ??? [Cyclone 3000w]

Can any one tell me the aproxamate wattage the cyclone 3000 puts out at 600 rpms [on 48volts]? I have been trying to estimate the gear reduction I need for a single speed rig, when climbing our steep hills. If no one knows I will have to put it together with all the gears to find the wattage. Then I can tell you. But this will not happen for a few months, untill I can buy the battery pack I need.

I am wanting to keep the power usage down to about 1300 watts. And that is good enough for a 9% grade with 450lbs.

Using this gear ratio calculator makes it very easy, but I still need an approxamate RPM wattage.

If it is as simple as dividing the watts by rpms noted on the Luna cycles data, but is that motor rpms or planitary gear rpms?

It would be 800rpm รท 3000 (calulator input) [or 3000/800] = .2666 or at 1300 watts about 346 rpm??? but of course with 450lbs on 9% grade it will be a bit less? Especially with motorcycle tires? Or will that only affect the speed; the effect being rollng resistance.

Well only a reality check wil tell for sure. Could some one actually test it out?

Comment

The answer to this question is here: Mt. Goat Cycletruck Gearing

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/vi...83004#p1383004

Comment

Working...
      X