This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two questions.

1) My understanding is that you can adjust the ramp control within the advanced settings. Specifically which setting in the advanced menu should I adjust? Is it the one related to eco-mode?

2) I understand when going up hill, you should first switch into a lower gear. Would the same thing apply if you are riding on sand?

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      yes downshift if there's a greater load on the bike, whether that is going up a hill, or going through sand etc

How do I set the Battery setting on the display to 52V? Only settings available are 24, 36, 48, and UBE (whatever that is).

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      UBE is user set. Pretty sure thats what you want

What cassette fits on the double geared hub motor? Where are you getting a compatible PAS sensor?

Comment

The sensor comes with the kit Milo. You can probably use it up to 9 speed, the spline has a standard length

Comment

I am getting error 25H with this motor. When I first powered it up I did not get the error code but got no power from the motor. In the several times that I have started and restarted the display there was one time where it seemed to be doing something - I got a whirring sound from the motor but no actual power. I quickly shut down, disconnected the battery, carried the bike outside and reconnected the battery. When I turned on the display it was back to the 25H error.

I am also curious about several things. First, how should I run the motor cable to the controller? The axle has a little notch in it and I kind of bent the cable in through there and ran it up the inclined stay to the controller which I mounted on a rack on the back of the bike. Are others routing the cable along the chain stay? Second, I have some spare parts left over that I could not identity or determine where they belonged. There were two cylindrical plastic buttons or plugs, each a different style. I don't know what they are for. There were also two little plastic pieces shaped kind of like a child's spinning top that looked like I was to run a cable through them. What are those for? Maybe they have something to do with the optional brake sensors.

Comment

here are the double torque motor error codes:
          Error Code Error description Handle
          01 Communication Error Check the cable connection
          21 Current protection Check controller.
          22 Throttle error Check turn to connect.
          23 three-phase power error Check three-phase power line connection
          24 Hall error Check the hall connection
          25 Brake error Check the brake connection.
          26-99 Reserved
          So 25h is an ebrake switch error... you can run the diagnostic software in advanced options to verify.

Comment

Opened my motor over the weekend to try and determine why it wasn't turning. Didn't solve that but thought some might be interested in the photos.

Comment

• OptimusPrime
              OptimusPrime commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks like that thing could use some grease.

What a winter! Today's our first day above 70 degrees here in Hood River! :-)

Unfortunately, my Luna Double Torque / Double Gear Hubmotor seems to be overheating even on the flats. The LCD keeps powering down and the temperature on the display shows 150 degrees plus.

I let it cool down for 45 minutes so I can ride it about an eighth of a mile before the display shuts down again. I can power it back up, but it will show over 158 degrees and quickly shuts down again.

I once noticed it spontaneously shutting down on a much cooler day a week ago but I never made the connection of overheating.

It has only about five miles total on it and It's currently unridable. Is this normal? Any suggestions?

Comment

• paxtana
              paxtana commented
              Editing a comment
              Do you see error codes, have you tried the diagnostics? If you know what part's overheating we can try a swap for you, if you email support

No error codes. It passes all the diagnostics.

How would I know what part's overheating? Where's the temperature sensor located? It seems to shut down once it goes above 150. Is this correct?

Comment

• paxtana
              paxtana commented
              Editing a comment
              Sensor's in the hub, but there's no reason it should get that hot under regular conditions. Are you downshifting on hills? Shifting is not automatic and you would need to do this with. Otherwise there may be a problem internally. Please email support a pic of your display with that 150 on it

Of course I've tried multiple assist levels and even the Low gear. The display shuts down even in the flats 18-20 mph & no wind. It takes a little longer to shut down in Low.

I posted a Trouble Ticket on the Luna Support page. But there's no way to upload a photo there. So it's attached here. Sorry about the screen glare.

Comment

• paxtana
              paxtana commented
              Editing a comment
              Hm..if you pull the internals like bleedpurple did above, do you see the same amount of grease? I wonder if maybe factory just didn't adequately grease a few.

• Downbeat
              Downbeat commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, I'm not going to pull it apart.

• Downbeat
              Downbeat commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, I finally swapped the motor with the replacement sent from Luna (THANKS! :-) and got everything hooked up.

But it still overheats and shuts off the system. A friend of mine has the same Double Torque / Double Gear Hubmotor and I've also swapped the motor controllers - still overheats. And I've swapped the display - still overheats. I've swapped EVERY piece of the system and it still overheats.

Now it gets to 203 F before the display shuts down. The motor does NOT feel hot to the touch. The controller is hot, but not burning hot to the touch.

When it's running it works great! Where do I go from here?

I've had my motor up to 176 degrees and it hasn't stopped. What is the limit supposed to be? On my commute home tonight it went to 141. I was running it at PAS 5 and cruising at about 20-21 mph. I thought it seemed a little high but I haven't been warned about anything in this regard. So am I supposed to do something? I was also wondering what voltage levels on my 52v battery correspond to 10%, 20%, 50%, 80%? I understand that 58.8v is 100%. Trying to understand when I am supposed to recharge it.

Comment

I installed the front wheel kit on my folding bike a few days ago. So far have made a 7 mile test run and a few short hill climbs. All seems to be working well. In a 20 inch wheel I'm getting about 10 mph in low and 20 in high, and no significant heating. Great little motor!

Are there instructions for this display?
              Alan B

Comment

Yes, I've seen that, was looking for how to use it. I'm rerouting the wiring now and working on mounts for the controller and battery so it isn't hooked up to play with.
              Alan B

Comment

I can get to the advanced settings. How do I access the Diagnostics?

Comment

Originally posted by bleedpurple View Post
                  Opened my motor over the weekend to try and determine why it wasn't turning. Didn't solve that but thought some might be interested in the photos.
                  How did you open it? Did you have to remove the freehub? I see you've made a wrench. How tight is it on?

Comment

Working...
                  X