X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    I think it's same overall mass, but I could be wrong though.

• Bullfrog
    replied
    Which wind of the MAC motor has the most copper mass (6T, 8T, 10T, 12T)?

I have a 12T now and it works great off road. I am gathering info so I can choose the best option for a new build that is going to be used only on paved surfaces.

Thank You

Leave a comment:

• flodrab
    replied
    Originally posted by ComicDom1 View Post

A Phase Runner controller from Grin Technologies will work with a Mac 10T ...

Jason
    thanks, but that doesn’t really answer the question ... I’m aware of the Phase Runner, and am asking specifically about the combination of their BAC 800 with a MAC that I get somewhere else

Leave a comment:

• ComicDom1
    replied
    Originally posted by flodrab View Post
    I have a recumbent trike, so obviously I need a rear wheel motor ... however the rear is 26", which means the better choice is the 12T, rather than the 6T, but you don’t sell a rear 12T ... and actually I’m thinking a 10T might be preferable because it will yield a little higher top speed, yet still produce sufficient torque ... so my question is, if I manage to find a 10T somewhere, will the BAC 800 controller be compatible, or do you program them differently and supply the appropriate one depending on which of the two versions your customers buy?
    A Phase Runner controller from Grin Technologies will work with a Mac 10T motor just fine. I have a 10T Mac in the back of my Hp Velotecnik FS 26 Scorpion Recumbent Trike. I also have torque assist in my bottom bracket.

Jason

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry we can only offer what's on the site at any given time. We do have it as bare motor which can be laced into any rim by a local bike shop.

• Max-Ebike
    commented on 's reply
    any update on Luna offering the motor on a Fat Bike Rim? I would like to order one. Can i get a custom price?

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    You can use 60v. You would want 6t with 24"

• JVG1967
    replied
    Can you run this motor with a 24 inch wheel, rear mounting, using a 60V battery?

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    replied
    Originally posted by riggler View Post
    i have always wanted to build a semi fat tire (26" x 2.5 to 3.25) 2wd for use on the beach (im a surfcaster) and some playing in the woods
    im wondering if can i buy these components and have them taylored for my application?
    Im a good welder and decent mechanic but i have little experience with controllers and throttles....
    If you get the 12T option that's basically the highest torque you can get from a geared hubmotor, it would be a good choice for a 26" fatbike used in the sand.

Leave a comment:

• riggler
    replied
    i have always wanted to build a semi fat tire (26" x 2.5 to 3.25) 2wd for use on the beach (im a surfcaster) and some playing in the woods
    im wondering if can i buy these components and have them taylored for my application?
    Im a good welder and decent mechanic but i have little experience with controllers and throttles....

Leave a comment:

• bhave
    replied
    In case anyone is interested in creating your own controller to use with this MAC motor, I was able to get more detailed motor parameters from the manufacturer. This allows for sensorless field oriented control.

Phase Resistance: 6T = 0.041 ohms, 12T = 0.2605 ohms
    Phase Inductance: 6T = 100 - 140nH

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Good question.

I think the answer is yes but I can't guarantee it. Who knows if some random Mac model uses different pole positions or other stuff that might vary.

• flodrab
    replied
    I have a recumbent trike, so obviously I need a rear wheel motor ... however the rear is 26", which means the better choice is the 12T, rather than the 6T, but you don’t sell a rear 12T ... and actually I’m thinking a 10T might be preferable because it will yield a little higher top speed, yet still produce sufficient torque ... so my question is, if I manage to find a 10T somewhere, will the BAC 800 controller be compatible, or do you program them differently and supply the appropriate one depending on which of the two versions your customers buy?

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    replied
    No pas, yes if you use a bbshd for low end torque might be okay with 6t on larger rim, no promises though.

It does have overheat cutoff so if it's struggling too much for that wheelsize it's not going to burn out the motor but it would turn it off until it cools down.

Leave a comment:

• DaveH
    replied
    Does it have Pas? Looking to combine it with a bbshd (dual motor) if it has the bbshd supporting it could you go for a 6T on a 700c or 650b rim? Would it be able to spin fast enough to keep up with the bbshd / vice versa? Planning on using it as an overdrive, just to squeeze a little more power beyond the bbshd. Would run x2 Jumbo 52v sharks one for each motor

Leave a comment:

Working...
X