X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paxtana
    replied
    Hi it is more powerful than bbs02 but with a 6t on a 26" that power is going to translate to higher top speed not higher torque.

Leave a comment:

• Arbrt
    replied
    Hi, i currently have bbso2 on a cross country bike for commuting. I have about a 15k one way to commute everyday. There a lot of hills on this commute even running the motor on full throttle most of the way it has never over heated even in summer . I have a 52V 13.5ah battery. So far I am quite satisfied with the build. I would like to do a second build but with a hub motor to feel the difference vs a mid drive. I am interested in this mac motor. I would build it into a 26 inch wheel. I would choose a 6T. I wanted to know if this configuration would yeild less torque and less hill climbing ability than my current set up or is the 6T still more powerful than the bbs02 in a 26 inch wheel. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    No, not in the near future. I have it listed on our important todo list but even if it were ordered today it would take considerably long to arrive.

• Edwin
    replied
    Do you think this will happen in the near future? If so it would be very helpful. I'm sure I can do it but I would much rather have a pro do it and I really want to do a build with a Mac rear hub motor, I have heard good things about them. Unfortunately I would have to go about 50 miles to find a bike shop. Thanks for the reply.

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    replied
    We need to order more 26" DM24 rims before we can do so.

Leave a comment:

• New Mariner
    replied
    You would have to build your own hub wheel or get someone to do it. Luna is not building wheels at the present

Leave a comment:

• Edwin
    replied
    Will they lace the Mac rear hub motor to a 26 "rim and if not, why not?

Leave a comment:

• Max-Ebike
    replied
    Thank you, please let me know if that can be an option.

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Not currently set up to do that so I would typically recommend getting it as bare motor and having a local bike shop do the build. I can check if we can add it as an option if you want, it depends on if we have rims.

• Max-Ebike
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you for the info. Will Luna build a 26" Fat Tire with this motor? If so, how can I order one?

• paxtana
    replied
    Yes, assuming it fits the dropouts.

Typically a geared hubmotor is slightly more durable than a mid drive since it has less moving parts so yes it is as durable or more durable.

In theory if the hubmotor is built using the right wind and rim size it could possibly match bbshd in torque or speed, but like the documentation above lays out, this will be highly dependent on what wind you pick and what wheel it is built into.

A typical fatbike uses 26" rim but due to the tires the effective wheel diameter is closer to a 700c (29er). Referencing the table above 12t with 700c wheelsize will provide torque on par with bbshd but a bit less top speed.

Leave a comment:

• Max-Ebike
    replied
    Can this motor be used with a Fat Tire bike?I currently have a BBSHD and find it to be great! Is this motor as durable? I understand it has more torque and is faster.

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    12t would be perfect on 20" a pedicab. It is at the furthest end of the torque spectrum so particularly well suited for high torque / low speed applications. This is assuming you don't need more than around 18mph, I don't know how fast pedicabs tend to ride at.

• ePedicab
    replied
    Has anyone tried the Mac on a Pedicab? I have a front 20" wheel. Would you recommend the 12t for my Pedicab?

Leave a comment:

• New Mariner
    replied
    A 12T would be better for a fat bike.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X