Luna CNC Bafang Installation Tool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luna CNC Bafang Installation Tool

This beautiful stainless steel tool is proudly made in the USA.
    CNC machined in California with a LUNA cutout design.
    Very affordable addition to any BBSHD / BBS02 owners toolbox.
    Appx. 11¼" Long
    Click image for larger version

Name:	lunawrench.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	11303

Sorry, the current item selling has now ""Luna" on it and is not polished at all. IMO, it is Hobby King grade stuff.

Comment

I just received mine and it didnt have the luna cutout which is good so it is a nice strong solid tool. But the side of the tool with the 4 notches that fit the BBSHD nut need to be rotated a 1/4 of a inch so they are not parallel or perpendicular with the tool handle... that way you can flip the tool and continue tightening, my tool hit the motor housing and i couldnt get it as tight as i wanted and the other 3 tool positions hit my frame. Maybe i will buy the bafang socket type tool to finish tightening my BBSHD.

Comment

• Louis
        Louis commented
        Editing a comment
        I bought the socket and am glad I did. On a 1/2 inch drive breaker bar. No motor drops here. The primary or first ring does the work. You can find them around usually $35 or so. The secondary isn't as important, IMO, and it's a standard Shimano BB socket.
        Last edited by Louis; 08-02-2016, 03:44 AM.

THe latest version of the tool has the Luna Cut out.... we designed this tool to be affordable and practical....also the latest version is a few inches smaller to be ligher and more compact.

We found that the original luna tool was over built and was too long for the job :)

It will work for 95 percent of bikes ...but some bikes will need s socket like tool that have intruding chain stays.

Comment

I just got my Luna tool last week and found exactly what you described Eric. Too long to use effectively. Ended up using a socket. Lack of Luna logo is a non-issue to me as it does not help me to install or remove lock rings... but being as long as it is limits it's utility.

Comment

• Louis
          Louis commented
          Editing a comment
          I remain a fan of the sockets and my 1/2 drive breaker bar. NEVER a drop. BUT the revised luna tool addresses the length, I'd bet they'd make an exchange.

I submitted a ticket to see if I can exchange...... Breaker bars are nice. I have one that is 36" long :-) I also have a nice 1/2" pneumatic impact wrench... which is great for BB removal. With a tool like the Luna wrench, I like to use my big dead blow plastic cased hammer. Nothing coaxes hardware along like penetrating oil, heat, and overwhelming force.

Comment

Working...
        X