Surron and Talaria CNC tension blocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surron and Talaria CNC tension blocks

We all love upgrades and little parts like this to upgrade our Surron or Talaria bikes but some times these upgrades are not exactly the same fit as the original parts that came on our bikes. This one is a perfect example of this. I purchased the upgraded tension blocks from LUNA and then tried installing them on my bike but because I have the belt drive these new CNC tension blocks are a bit wider than the original ones that come with the bikes. They look cool and are better made no doubt about this but they also are a bit wider and push the rear wheel back little bit further than the original ones. Now if you have chain and original wheels that's fine but if you're like me and get the supermoto wheels or belt drive the tension blocks will push your wheel just a tad too far back and will not fit well. What I had to do is grind half of the tension nut off with an angle grinder in order to make the tension on my belt drive work. Here's a picture of what that looks like:

All you have to do is get a thinner nut or grind the one that came with the tension blocks like I did and now it fits perfect.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by intramorph; 10-19-2023, 08:25 AM.
Working...
X