Storm Hot Rod 20 amp Controller

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Storm Hot Rod 20 amp Controller

I bought and installed the Storm Hot Rod 20 amp Controller. Worked right off. However it works too good, and on pedal assist is too much assistance. Is there a way to turn the pedal assist down? I'm thinking of disconnecting the pedal sensor as a workaround solution. thanks -Paul

Try this https://sierraebike.com/pages/how-to...am-the-kt-lcd3

Comment

You can adjust the C14 setting to reduce the increment power assist you receive. Its usually set at 2 and you can go to 1. Range is 1 to 3. You could also use the C5 parameter to reduce wattage to the system but that goes in the direction of making your upgrade pointless. Still, if you use it just a little (there are several settings) it and C14 might get you to your happy place.

Usually the way people deal with clown-pedaling is they change the bike's gearing so they can keep up. Change out the cranks and put in a bigger front chainwheel. They are cheap for bikes like this and easy to install. The 40T wheel that comes with the Original/fatty is both tiny and barely adequate. the largest easily fitted wheel is a 50T. I got away with 52T but a 50 will work for sure no matter what.

Comment

Working...
      X