No announcement yet.

Sur-Ron moped registration in California

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Sur-Ron moped registration in California

    This is the application PDF from California DMV:

    Fill out section 1 as shown below, check the boxes as shown in section 2 and fill in your information, then sign section 5.

    Please note the accuracy of this application will depend on not doing the hotrod modification, i.e. it is probably only legal if you do not derestrict it.

    You may need to contact Luna for our invoice copy with serial/serial verification document. Please request that engine number be included and we will do that, just let us know your serial and engine number as well as original order number.

    No insurance is required per dmv but you do need a moto license. Send in the application along with a check for the fee and you will get a plate month later.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	2022-07-20 23_58_55.jpg Views:	0 Size:	423.8 KB ID:	153816

    (please note this is general advice only for educational purposes, we are not lawyers and this is not legal advice)
    Last edited by paxtana; 07-20-2022, 08:55 PM.

    Question -- Do I need an ID Plate for my Surron in order to register as a moped? If so, does Luna Cycle sell? Thanks


    • paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      The serial is stamped on the head tube and the motor number is on the motor. In the above example you would not have to do much more than fill that out, check yes on all the boxes, and mail in the form along with a check for $19. Your results may vary though, this statement is not a guarantee of success