X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sebz
    replied
    Adjusting / setting the headset and stem.

From the factory the headset should be tight but it's possible that it was not done perfectly so you should check before your first ride.

Checking the headset for any play before each ride is highly recommended. Riding with a loose headset will result in a damaged headset, cracked frame or fork.

In this following video it shows you how to set it with a direct mounted stem but on your Sur-Ron you have a regular stem so just make sure to loosen the stem bolts too!

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    You can't. But you can use an aftermarket speedo. There are bike speedos, gps speedos, even your phone can show how fast you are going by simply loading google maps or using one of many free gps apps.

• jugon666
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, switching to a larger sprocket trades top speed for torque... but then how can I calibrate the speedometer? :/

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Best would be to just change to a larger rear sprocket. This will optimize for torque over top speed.

• jugon666
    replied

Hi,

My light bee X came limited at a way too slow speed of 20 km/h and unlimited is too fast. I think a speed of 25 to 30 km/h is more reasonable.

Is there a way to adjust the speed limiter of the sur ron?

Thanks in advance!

regards,
    Jimmy

Leave a comment:

• Sebz
    commented on 's reply
    Yes the "TR-4" is jus the valve size and the rest is the tire size.. I can confirm that the stock tire is a 70/100-19 and you need a 70/100-19 tube for it and that the valve is a TR-4 (or TR-6 is good also , just longer). Some are super heavy duty tubes and it's possible that they wont fit..

• Barrett
    replied
    Are you guys sure that TR-4 70/100-19 is the right tube size? I just tried two and they seemed way big and I got instant flats probably because they were too floppy and big in there. They seemed much bigger than the stock tubes.

Leave a comment:

• ElectricMud
    commented on 's reply
    Can I just disconnect the two terminals and leave the cables attached to the brake levers? Is it necessary to take the wires completely off? Does it matter if the wire is removed from the brake lever since it would already be disconnected to the power source?

• Sebz
    replied
    Sur-Ron Black Edition with the RockShox Boxxer 2019 RC fork with Debonair air spring technology.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-08-28 at 11.07.26 AM.png
Views:	1998
Size:	256.2 KB
ID:	92473

Rest assured you have one of the best downhill fork that hit the market. Reviewers, blogs, magazines praise that new 2019 RockShox Boxxer series fork ....But it will need proper tuning to work fine on your Su-Ron...

So since your bike is not a 30lbs downhill bike but a 110lbs monster bike you will likely have to tune it like if you weighted 80lbs more.

Your Boxxer comes with the following adjustments:
    • Charger 2 RC damper featuring low speed compression adjust
    • DebonAir air spring offers a coil-like consistent feel throughout the travel (you will need a shock pump that goes over 150PSI)
    • Optional Bottomless air tokens to prevent bottoming out for agressive riders.
    So now what?

Open this manual, we edited the manual to reflect the options found on your fork model, please follow the guide step by step to tune your fork.

Tip: You have the right sag and the fork works perfect for most of your riding but bottoms out on drops and jumps? Adding more air pressure will change the sag and also affect the plushness of your fork... So maybe try to add some bottomless tokens to change the air spring rate when the fork compresses further than 50% travel.

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the heads up Mark, I have edited this to point to your page instead :)

• paxtana
    replied
    Preliminary docs for installation of the belt kit
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D5y...ew?usp=sharing

Backup link
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...Ic/mobilebasic

Leave a comment:

• Markk
    replied
    Originally posted by paxtana View Post
    Aftermarket cranks for the Sur-Ron pedal system

These cranks are lightweight aluminum with a good offset.
    Confirmed these will fit but they are about half an inch longer than stock.

Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	2.12 MB ID:	79095

Unconfirmed but also possibly suitable from the specs:

These cranks are also aluminum, little less expensive.
    These have not been confirmed yet, but are likely to work (no promises though)
    The Jitsies did not work for me. I've written a post about what did work for my cranks:
    https://sur-ron.markkitaoka.com/pedal-cranks/

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Typically on these types of connectors there is a tab that latches it into position, you may need to move the tab to unplug it.

• deserthi
    commented on 's reply
    I unbolted the ignition but could not get it off. It simply would not come out. I feel like such a klutz!

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, if you do this mod you can do that, also probably stuff like burnouts
Working...
X