Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ElectricMud
    commented on 's reply
    Can I just disconnect the two terminals and leave the cables attached to the brake levers? Is it necessary to take the wires completely off? Does it matter if the wire is removed from the brake lever since it would already be disconnected to the power source?

• Sebz
    replied
    Sur-Ron Black Edition with the RockShox Boxxer 2019 RC fork with Debonair air spring technology.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-08-28 at 11.07.26 AM.png
Views:	236
Size:	256.2 KB
ID:	92473

Rest assured you have one of the best downhill fork that hit the market. Reviewers, blogs, magazines praise that new 2019 RockShox Boxxer series fork ....But it will need proper tuning to work fine on your Su-Ron...

So since your bike is not a 30lbs downhill bike but a 110lbs monster bike you will likely have to tune it like if you weighted 80lbs more.

Your Boxxer comes with the following adjustments:
    • Charger 2 RC damper featuring low speed compression adjust
    • DebonAir air spring offers a coil-like consistent feel throughout the travel (you will need a shock pump that goes over 150PSI)
    • Optional Bottomless air tokens to prevent bottoming out for agressive riders.
    So now what?

Open this manual, we edited the manual to reflect the options found on your fork model, please follow the guide step by step to tune your fork.

Tip: You have the right sag and the fork works perfect for most of your riding but bottoms out on drops and jumps? Adding more air pressure will change the sag and also affect the plushness of your fork... So maybe try to add some bottomless tokens to change the air spring rate when the fork compresses further than 50% travel.

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the heads up Mark, I have edited this to point to your page instead :)

• paxtana
    replied
    Preliminary docs for installation of the belt kit
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D5y...ew?usp=sharing

Backup link
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...Ic/mobilebasic

Leave a comment:

• Markk
    replied
    Originally posted by paxtana View Post
    Aftermarket cranks for the Sur-Ron pedal system

These cranks are lightweight aluminum with a good offset.
    Confirmed these will fit but they are about half an inch longer than stock.

Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	2.12 MB ID:	79095

Unconfirmed but also possibly suitable from the specs:

These cranks are also aluminum, little less expensive.
    These have not been confirmed yet, but are likely to work (no promises though)
    The Jitsies did not work for me. I've written a post about what did work for my cranks:
    https://sur-ron.markkitaoka.com/pedal-cranks/

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Typically on these types of connectors there is a tab that latches it into position, you may need to move the tab to unplug it.

• deserthi
    commented on 's reply
    I unbolted the ignition but could not get it off. It simply would not come out. I feel like such a klutz!

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, if you do this mod you can do that, also probably stuff like burnouts

• jbroderick
    commented on 's reply
    So if I remove the e brake sensor I can now trail brake (accelerate and use braking a the same time)?

• paxtana
    replied
    Moving the seat back
    (for larger riders)

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_15779.jpg Views:	2 Size:	2.37 MB ID:	81523

Bolt a strip of metal to the factory mounting points and bolt the seat 5.5” back on the strip of metal.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_15780.jpg Views:	2 Size:	1.82 MB ID:	81522

Leave a comment:

• Senor_Martillo
    replied
    Removing kickstand cutoff sensor: Since this sensor is very exposed to damage and water intrusion, it can interrupt motor function with the slightest amount of damage (happened to me after riding through a 6" deep puddle) Fortunately its easy to remove:

Step 1: remove bash guard/skid plate
    Step 2: cut away rubber/vinyl boot surround wire connectors
    Step 3: unplug connector that runs back to kickstand sensor
    Step 4: Re-wrap wire connectors in shrink wrap or gorilla tape to protect from water intrusion, replace bash guard/skid plate

Step 5 (the most important step): Don't be a Joey and hurt yourself because you rode off with the kickstand down. You remember the dirtbike you had as a kid? It didn't have a kickstand safety cutoff, and now your Sur-Ron doesn't either.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	79525
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Senor_Martillo; 12-23-2018, 07:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jasdidit
    commented on 's reply
    The brake sensor bolt is an M7 1.0 pitch, if you want to install a bolt to seal it.

• paxtana
    replied
    Aftermarket cranks for the Sur-Ron pedal system

Please follow this guide: https://sur-ron.markkitaoka.com/pedal-cranks/
    Alternative:

These cranks are lightweight aluminum with a good offset.
    These will fit but they are about half an inch longer than stock, and you may need to move the kickstand a bit back to clear the cranks.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	2.12 MB ID:	79095

The alternative is the Monty crank arm from Mark's blog.
    https://www.trial-bikes.com/en/monty...-p-537969.html

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    replied
    How to service Sur-Ron pedal system

This is typically useful if the kit develops play at the spindle. This covers full rebuild, reassembly and typical pitfalls / solutions.

For a more in-depth technical overview of the pedal system, see this page:

https://sur-ron.markkitaoka.com/pedal-kit-adjustment/

For install video see this video

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    replied
    How to adjust Sur-Ron belt tension

(May be useful if the belt is squeaking a lot)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X