No announcement yet.

Sur-Ron registration info

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Sur-Ron registration info


    This info provided for informational purposes only. We do not recommend usage on the street and can not advise on topics of registration, however you can see below for info from forum members. Please note if you use this on the street you do so at your own risk

    How to register Luna Sur-Ron as OHV (offroad registration)

    Additional info:
    CA Moped plate

    Canada (BC) info:
    In BC the laws require insurance and registration for any bike that has more than 750 watts, or goes more than 32kph. Since the law requires it, then the state-run insurance broker has to figure out how to insure it. Once it is insured, than licensing is a breeze. There was no inspection or proof of DOT rated anything. The insurance broker is the only hurtle, and now that a precedent has been set, anyone with a surron in BC can insure and register their bikes.
    (this info taken from recent post on Sur Ron Owners Facebook group, search Theron Canada )

    Sur Ron’s are street legal in Colorado without modification. Low Power Scooter tag is around 6 bucks for three years. Insurance is very affordable too. I have two Sur Ron’s with tags right now. The tag makes it real nice to get to and from the trail without breaking the law. Also, it comes in handy if you get lost. Just find a road and go....


      Interesting. Can you explain the process you went through to obtain this tag?