Please help identifying hub motor/kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help identifying hub motor/kit

I've just got my first e-bike and love it. It's an old hardtail MTB with a 1000w 48v front hub kit installed.

The guy who built it doesn't know what make/model the motor/kit is.

From the research I've tried to do it seems to be a very generic Chinese kit/motor sold under a number of rebranded names.
    The hub/rim seem to be the same as one included with kits under the names Sampson, sfeomi, zelus, hanSemay and other Chinese rebrands.

The only info on the controller box simply says "48V1000W".

Can anyone here help me identify the motor and maybe the kit/controller etc.? Or possibly answer a couple of questions regarding PAS and compatible parts?

Thanks in advance.

There are quite a few kits like you have that are on the market. Yours reminds me of the Jaxpety kits I've seen. They are all remarkably the same in plugs and wire colors although occasionally wires need to be cut and spliced due to plug types. Is there a question you have?

Comment

Originally posted by Diggs Ut View Post
      There are quite a few kits like you have that are on the market. Yours reminds me of the Jaxpety kits I've seen. They are all remarkably the same in plugs and wire colors although occasionally wires need to be cut and spliced due to plug types. Is there a question you have?
      Thanks for the reply. Ive only just noticed there was a reply to this, so sorry for the late response.

That does look a lot like my kit, thanks. That gives me something to look into.

I mainly wanted to identify the hub and controller models so I know the specs of them.
      For the controller I wanted to know the rated and maximum current etc.
      Im also trying to figure out whether I can install an LCD display and wanted to know what throttles I can use.
      I've now got a new throttle which I almost know how to wire it up.

Old throttle has 3 wires for throttle plus a pair for power switch and a pair for battery LEDs. New throttle has just single wires for key and LED voltage display.

Without knowing exactly which controller I have, is there any way of knowing which (if any) LCD displays are compatible?

Thanks again for your help already

Comment

Working...
      X