Grin Technology E bike motor simulator.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grin Technology E bike motor simulator.

Grin Technology CA has an E bike motor simulator that models BBSHD.
    it seems realistic to me since it shows about the same top speed in my 50x11 8th gear, and my 50x13 7th gear. But a more user friendly pedal RPM in the overdrive ratio. 50/13t is actually a little faster but not very sustainable for me. This has a lot of load and power options that the Sheldon Brown Gear Calculator doesn't have. Human input is another variable.
    https://ebikes.ca/tools/simulator.ht...setheSimulator

I played with this some more. Entered MTB tuck position and 40A controller up from the default 20A. Then my BBSHD with 50-11t gearing and got the expected 36mph at 100rpm cadence that my display shows. Advanced settings opens up the BBSHD option. I did add 200W from me.
    Riding upright I get the 32mph that I actually see riding in traffic at 90rpm cadence. This is what I geared for at Sheldon Brown Gear calculator.
    I wish I could get a screen shot up of this because it's really nice.
    Last edited by Retrorockit; 08-22-2021, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Your post's topic, Grin Technology E-bike motor simulator, appeals to me greatly. Actually, By the way, I am looking for an online assignment maker. Thank you for making it available to us. For a long time, I've been looking for a post like this.

Comment

• Retrorockit
        Retrorockit commented
        Editing a comment
        You're very welcome, but the thanks should go to Grin. They used a wind tunnel and dynamometer to make it happen. A lot of expense and effort at their end to produce that for us.
    Working...
    X