Battery research - input needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery research - input needed

Hi, newbie here. I just got a 72V 2000W Rear Wheel Motor with a 45A sine Wave Controller. I am shopping for a battery that will deliver a top speed of 50MPH and last 75 miles when cruising at 20MPH. what would be a good battery? is it even feasible? thank you

I think there are a few people here that have some experience in the class you are talking about here. For sure that isn't me. The most common stuff dealt with here is more in the 1500w range so it may take a while for the few that may know what you are wanting to do to notice the thread and share what they know.

My first instinct is to say that's not feasible but battery tech moves pretty fast so perhaps someone that is staying current can give you some details. Is this a motorcycle conversion? 50 mph is way more than I would ask or expect to safely get from anything bicycle based but if you are removing a gas engine that frees up some space and weight and maybe there is a battery that would fit in that space and get you the range you desire.

Comment

Working...
    X