Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power

Hello, I would be eternally grateful if anyone could tell me how to speed up my 48V 250W ebike. I have space for another battery but I'm worried that if I spend around the £100 that it will cost (for the battery), it then will not improve the speed and just add extra distance as the controller will either break because of too much voltage/amps or presume there is only one battery and I can ride further than I would with just one battery. I don't mind spending, but I need to increase the speed. I can't fit a more powerful controller but if anyone experienced could do it for me, I would be happy to pay good money. Every Youtube video I've seen with the controller looks nothing like my controller, mine has a lot of extra wires for indicators, lights etc. I also do not know the make and model of my bike so I can not download manufacture wire loom. Please help if you can. Thank you.

How fast do you want to go? And what sort of terrain? And how much do you weigh? 250w isn't much so unless you weigh around 45k and only ride on flat ground I would not expect you to be able to go much over regular bicycle speeds.

You are correct that more battery will only increase range. Bigger controller especially one that can be programmed can maybe help but you would have to do research and find out how much more power your motor could handle. Its possible its maybe a 500w motor just limited by the controller to meet a 250w legal limit. Its also possible its a 100w motor that is already being overpowered to get to 250 so 251 watts for more than 30 seconds will smoke it.

Comment

Working...
    X