Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GMC Yukon fat bike BB with BBSHD?

Hello,
    I want to put a Bafang BBSHD on a cheap fat tire bike. The cheapest aluminum frame fat tire bike I can find is called the GMC Yukon. See link here: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00XEWOG6A/...I2JEM4PYS02DMG
    I guess it doesn't have to be aluminum frame as I'm putting a motor on it but did want to cut down on weight. If any of you guys have converted this bike or know if the bottom bracket is suitable or can suggest a cheap fat tire bike that I can convert please let me know. I don't want to buy the bike to find out that the bottom bracket won't work. Your comments and suggestions are gratefully appreciated.
    Cheers!
    ian
    Last edited by rcbike; 08-18-2016, 12:57 PM.

The spec reads,
    • Bottom Bracket- Loose ball and cone square taper 120mm"
    I'd expect totally inadequate brakes.

Comment

Mongoose Malus?

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply Louis. So i just Googled "Loose ball and cone square taper 120mm" and it looks like from the images that the bottom bracket will have "threads" (ie not press fit). So that's good. And the 120mm is the length of the bottom bracket. So I would order the 100-120mm (extra fat) BBSHD. Is this correct?
        The specs don't give the diameter of the opening of the BB but are these standard sizes? i.e. will fit the spindle diameter of BBSHD ~
        33.6mm. The brakes are another thing to upgrade i realize. I would go with Front Tektro Dorado HD-E710 E-bike hydraulic brake 203mm. I'm hoping that Luna will stock these ;)

Spinningmagnets thanks for suggesting the Mongoose Malus. Unfortunately Amazon.ca doesn't ship that in Canada ;(

Comment

Maybe it's a fit. 120 would be it, but the chainstay angle can also create problems. Is it sold under another name so you can confirm another build?

Comment

Originally posted by spinningmagnets View Post
            Mongoose Malus?
            Same bike two labels?

Comment

Looks like this bike is the same as the Mongoose Dolomite as it has the identical specs as the GMC Yukon. And someone has already converted the Mongoose Dolomite without any issues. So the order is placed and look forward to the build!
              Cheers!
              My Mongoose Dolomite FAT Bike build Mongoose Dolomite BBSHD 120mm Carbon Shark 48V 13.5ah GA Battery Luna chain ring Front suspension fork Shimano hydraulic disk

Comment

Working...
              X