Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asi bac855 question urgent answer needed please help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asi bac855 question urgent answer needed please help!!!

After waiting days posting in what I thought was an appropriate thread it turned out to not be and waste of my time so I'm asking for anyone's help.
    I have a bike with a sidecar it's a vintage brand ebike and powered side car both have asi bac855 and are running 4000w crystallite the crown motors with no display and a 52v 60a battery on each. Now I'm doing a custom build on this bike and wanted to see if it was possible to save the asi bac 855 controllers versus replacing them since the controllers are rated up to 72v. I cannot get asi to authorize me to get into bacdoor despite me being a brick and mortar shop owner for electric vehicles. That being said the mod I am doing for the bike is this
    In the bike the stock 52v battery is installed but there is a switch inline to the controller that allows me to switch voltages to 60v. In the side car I have swapped out the 52v battery for a more agressiv 60v battery and I have also put a 2nd 60v battery of the same size which when the sidecar is connected to the bike can power the bike. My question is does asi bac have an automatic voltage detection feature built into it like the grin controllers do or do you have to manually change the voltage on them. And if I have to change them is there a way I can do this with a display. Furthermore this bike controller doesn't have display and when I hooked up several different displays to the appropriate wiring adapter to see if I could power them on I got nothing no display will power on despite the controller being powered on. So please if anyone can help me I'm running out of time on this build and desperately need answers before I have to spend 800 bucks on new controllers which I don't want to do if possible. Please don't post if you are gonna give me grief about posting in wrong place i did what anyone with logic would do and posted in diy.
    So recap about questions needing answersanswers Auto voltage detection for bac855?
    display capability ?
    Can use display to change voltage assuming I can even get one working with this damn controller?
    I know asi bac controllers or asi controllers in general are relative nightmares to deal with but I am praying for some sort of recourse since that 800bucks I would have to spend is gonna cut my profits from the many hours of labor down drastically and make this what would be a very paying job for excellent workmanship. I would like to avoid this please help anything is greatly appreciated.

I looked it up and this is a Canbus type controller. So it says its only good for the 750c or Eggrider V2 displays. Nothing is said about any other display working. But from there, another website Highvoltagekits.com, has extensive info on the parts and installation of this controller. There is no mention of an "inline switch" for voltage selection. It says the controller is configurable in many ways using the above 2 displays. And the Eggrider would need a special cable adapter to power it up with a 72V pack. Nothing is mentioned about a 60V pack. But its unknown if the BAC855 you have is the same version as the ones currently being sold. Maybe the current version doesnt have an inline voltage selection or the same display configuration that the website talks about. The way the website talks about it now, the BAC855 takes 52V or 72V and its up to you to configure the settings with the display to set the max current draw so as not to overload the batteries. It doesnt seem to matter what voltage the controller gets. But only the 750c display can run on 72v. Per the website. Its best if you get on that website and go thru all the videos they have to get more familiar with what you need to do. You may even be able to call their tech support to see if they can help you more than ASI. Highvoltagekits.com sells ASIs controllers as a complete high voltage upgrade kit. Maybe they can tell you if the version controllers you have are capable of going to higher voltages. I would think they are, but that inline switch thing you mention makes no sense to me. There is no info anywhere about it.

Comment

The voltage selector is something I custom built for the bike sorry for the confusion it was running on 52 v and I added a 60v system but I thank you for the reply

Comment

Working...
      X