Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help: What controller do I have to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help: What controller do I have to use?

Hey Guys! I need your help. I have a Yamaha PAS NATURA ebike. It is 24v setup. It is a mid drive motor relying solely on pedal assist. I want to convert it into a throttle only setup just bypass all the pedal assist mode. I was thinking of discarding all the existing controller and buying a new controller with throttle and lcd display. Now my question is, what controller should i use? I have problem figuring out the hall sensor for this motor. Since some of the controllers in the market lack these feature.

I found a lot in an online shopping but the seller can't promise it can drive my ebike's motor.

Click image for larger version  Name:	received_486058083028959.jpg Views:	0 Size:	308.3 KB ID:	155678 Click image for larger version  Name:	received_1198987540647135.jpg Views:	0 Size:	335.0 KB ID:	155679 Click image for larger version  Name:	received_756779475425966.jpg Views:	0 Size:	303.6 KB ID:	155680 Click image for larger version  Name:	received_1146472782887073.jpg Views:	0 Size:	282.8 KB ID:	155681 Click image for larger version  Name:	received_1678697692501194.jpg Views:	0 Size:	223.6 KB ID:	155682 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20220908-140826_Shopee.jpg Views:	0 Size:	193.9 KB ID:	155683
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MarcoAnt; 09-09-2022, 11:30 AM.

Good pictures. You seem to be on the right track. But "have problem figuring out the hall sensor" is not a good recipe for success. To go as deep as your going, you have to have skills to figure out exactly what you have. No doubt. Doubt can make whispy blue smoke. I would meter it out myself. But on the bright side, theres not too much you have to figure out. I looked up the internet to see what there is, and it seems like an old unit made 10 years ago. It could put up with 36 volts, but the smart thing is to put an electric thermometer with sensor deep inside the motor. To monitor its temperature for sure. It may have a thermo sensor inside the unit. There is alot of wires inside the motor. If you could figure for sure, it would be useful to prevent overheating the motor. But a thermometer display would show you the temperature at all times. On the internet I was not able to find any schematics of the unit. That doesnt mean there isnt any. So a harder look is highly recomended. I did find that Yamaha makes one and two hall sensor circuits. That could explain why the Hall connector seems to have so many wires. Metering the connector out could identify how many halls and what wires go with what hall. But its unknown where the halls are placed in the yamaha motor. So its unknown which one would be the best to use in a new controller. More yamaha info would be of great help. Maybe call their customer support and see if they would email you internal wiring diagram.

There are like a million of those eBike controllers to choose from. A big difference being how robust they decide to build them. I woiuld say look at the ones that they post inside pics of. Then you can see the size and number of parts your getting. Then you can see that the one with "More" is likely to be better. But you are right that they have to be 3 wire Hall type motor controllers to work with this motor. That controller you show has an oval wire opening. That is rare so other ads of that with inside pics are likely to be the same controller. Using details like that can help you figure things out more.

Comment

Working...
    X