"Shield " for BBSHD wiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Shield " for BBSHD wiring?

I just built a full suspension trail bike up and the wires seem so vulnerable based on where they come out of the motor. I'm also worried about water incursion. I am wondering if anyone has a good way to address the unfortunate placement of the BBSHD wiring. I was thinking about using a few layers of aluminum tape, but that stuff sticks so well that it'd never come off.

I first thinly wrap the wires with electrical tape then install a "zipper" style sleeve cord, available from Amazon and elsewhere - comes with a handy installation tool:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.png Views:	0 Size:	408.7 KB ID:	156000

BBSHD / BBS02 IGH Builds: Nexus / Alfine 8: 1 2 3 4 5 6, Rohloff: 1

Comment

Yup, I been thinkin about the same thing. Was going to get plastic split loom in the color of my bike, but mud will cake up between the grooves making a muddy mess a pain to clean. So may use PVC pipe split down the back and painted, or maybe this wire channel that's paintable. Those covers really stay on tight. I can cut little slots in it and zip tie it to the under tube. It will mud clean up way easier. I was thinkin the zipper flexies for the higher up wiring that don't get so dirty. My bike is white so its already a great color. They got black zippers too for black handle bars. I may do that in the handle bar area. All hose cleanable and zip tied in place.

Attached Files

Comment

Forgot to add - Bafang perceived a value in protecting these wires and added a screwed on plastic wire cover to the M625 motor (the possible future BBSHD replacement model). Too bad they also added the need for a proprietary battery - gee, thanks Bafang.
        BBSHD / BBS02 IGH Builds: Nexus / Alfine 8: 1 2 3 4 5 6, Rohloff: 1

Comment

Something similar to the zip wire loom is the spiral wire loom. It needs to be wrapped around like tape but doesn't have the gaps to collect dirt.
          https://www.electriduct.com/Spiral-Wrap.html
          I just picked that link for the pretty colors. Not spamming for them.
          Then there is good old flexible metal conduit.
          https://imgs.search.brave.com/SkRyLZ...25kdWl0/LmpwZw
          Last edited by Retrorockit; 09-21-2022, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X