Bimotal 750W clamp on rotor/ motor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bimotal 750W clamp on rotor/ motor.

I just saw this today. Pototypes are pricey. They say they'll be offering a mid drive. maybe a cog inside a chain ring?
    Elevate is an ebike motor that can make any disc brake bike electric. It’s quickly removable, super lightweight, and lets you keep riding the bike you love!

Interesting. They don't seem to mention or show the battery. Is that included in the $2k price? You would hope so and that it would also be a kinda slick compact design. I wonder how loud it is or low long the drive gears last? I could see that being a problem area between reasonable noise and wear. I also wonder how well it can sustain high output levels? That much power in that small of a package would have to be working pretty hard and it doesn't look especially like its got a lot of cooling fins.

Comment

• Retrorockit
      Retrorockit commented
      Editing a comment
      The battery is small and the say about 1-1.5 hours per charge. So it's more of a part time assist than an actual Ebike motor. It is kind of funny. You take it off and stick it in your backpack to make the bike lighter????

• AZguy
      AZguy commented
      Editing a comment
      300Wh battery

Interesting concept but I'm a bit dubious (nobody should be surprised lol)

It's very light (<1.5kg) so that's gotta be a tiny motor

Continuous torque is only 50nm and it's almost certainly not that much at lower speeds so steep stuff isn't likely in the cards

Is this the chief of engineering or the head of QC?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Frame_1000008552_webp.png
Views:	74
Size:	2.01 MB
ID:	167375

Comment

An Ebike motor that's easy to carry around............I prefer that the motor carries me around.

Comment

Working...
      X