No announcement yet.

Coast Cycles Quinn Electric Bike - A design study, build, and ride story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ready for range validation and durability testing. Max. speed at 30mph with the 52x22T with shimano nexus 3, and 20x3.0 tires.

Comment

Looks like you went with the third u-bolt on the battery anyway. What do you have planned for the area within the "triangle"?

-Steve

Comment

I recommend Velcro strap(s) to reinforce battery in that position

Comment

Originally posted by OptimusPrime View Post
          Looks like you went with the third u-bolt on the battery anyway. What do you have planned for the area within the "triangle"?

-Steve
          Photos were taken out of order... third U bolt in there to check clearances... it was the ride after that photo that I discovered I needed a better bracket.

the "triangle" will be for cargo, or a bigger battery.

Comment

Originally posted by paxtana View Post
            I recommend Velcro strap(s) to reinforce battery in that position
            Good idea. Would you recommend the strap to wrap the battery to the seat tube?

Comment

The plastic tabs on the battery that hook into the cradle are subject to being torn off if the ride is anything less than smooth. Others have documented this shortcoming of the shark packs. In order to prevent this some use velcro and others use rubber straps like those used by scuba divers to hold knives and stuff to their arms and legs. The important thing is that the battery is held tightly against the cradle.

Comment

There's a bunch on amazon, the wider type is typically preferred. I do not have a particular brand I would recommend sorry, but it's as OptimusPrime says. You could probably use bungees for the same thing if you wanted to.

Comment

so much for a street legal low speed build. Bike is capable of 30mph on 20x3 wheelset, 52t-22 gearing. seated aero position.

Does anyone know if the BBSHD has an output for RPM?

Comment

100 miles of commute. heavy duty snap ring still seated.

Comment

Do you still have this bike? How's it held up? It checks all the boxes for me, but Coast Cycles has stopped selling them, unfortunately. Let me know if you feel like selling it :)

Comment

Originally posted by coffeebreak101 View Post
                        100 miles of commute. heavy duty snap ring still seated.
                        What was the snap ring part again? The old ebay link is no longer live

Comment

Originally posted by cbinvb View Post

What was the snap ring part again? The old ebay link is no longer live
                          Elsewhere, a heavy duty 1-1/4 snapring from McMaster-Carr was mentioned for this need.

Comment

Working...
                          X