Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found! A way to mount BBS02 or BBSHD to old fashioned American or BMX style BB!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are ridiculously overpriced, has anyone actually tried those?

Comment

We finally made some of these.

American style to BSA adapter

Haven't gotten proper pics up yet but I didn't want to delay things any longer given how long it's already taken.

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Please send me your order number and I will have the other sent, and have a word with the shipping department on what this listing comprises.

• toro1978
        toro1978 commented
        Editing a comment
        Order number 43888.

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok I have marked for the other piece. Might take a few business days but you'll be emailed a tracking number.

Fantastic! I'll be getting a set after I recover from the holidays! Prob should be listed under BBS02 bits as well
      Last edited by Velodrome; 12-14-2017, 08:09 AM.

Comment

I'm really pleased to see that somebody continues to offer those adapters! At the same time I'm also puzzled why China is not supplying them.

Comment

• calfee20
          calfee20 commented
          Editing a comment
          Good point.

My project was on hold until I saw this thread, now it’s full steam ahead. Thanks guys!

Comment

Hi everyone. I have an Electra 7D and I’m trying to do a BBSO2 install, so this thread is pretty much exactly what I needed. Does anyone know if there has been any movement on this? Luna is currently taking emails for “wishlist” people, which at least offers hope but it seems there are no other options yet. I’d consider buying their minimum manufacturing run number and then become the eBay guy for the part, so I’m going to reach out to them today.

Has anyone successfully used the Bushnell eccentric option? Seems like you’de have to grind almost 2mm off the insert or out of the BB hole. I’m not looking to stall out my build so I’m gonna talk to some handy people I know and try to find a machine shop as maybe make a few sets. Anyone have exact dimensions or better yet drawings

Comment

Looks like the 2nd half of my post got cut off....anyway, I was asking if anyone has done the grinding off the Bafang case on a BBSO2? With the American to euro adapter centered kit, you can slide the Bafang almost 2/3 of the way. It seems like a little grinding to the case and maybe a little to the top of the B.B. might just do it.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. I already have this bike, love it and would really like to not have to find a new platform to make this project happen.

Comment

It just sold out, it will be restocked.

Comment

I was wondering (and this is a small thing) because the DCP-18 display doesn't have an indicator for the brake cutoff how do I install the cutoff switch on hydraulic brakes. Will I have to do it by feel or is there a setting maybe to turn that feature on in the DCP-18?

Comment

Originally posted by paxtana View Post
                  It just sold out, it will be restocked.
                  Any idea on time frame for the restocking? I need one to get started on my build as well.

Comment

• paxtana
                    paxtana commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It is still in production. Probably a few weeks.

I'm really glad I stumbled across this thread. I'm in the process of designing a custom frame for me and instead of having a split seat stay for accommodating a belt drive, I can use this idea for a eccentric bottom bracket and use that for tensioning the belt versus sliding dropout options.

Comment

Originally posted by Diarmuid View Post
                    I'm really glad I stumbled across this thread. I'm in the process of designing a custom frame for me and instead of having a split seat stay for accommodating a belt drive, I can use this idea for a eccentric bottom bracket and use that for tensioning the belt versus sliding dropout options.
                    How are you going to get the belt through the triangle.

Comment

Hi paxtana or eric, when do you anticipate the adapter to come in stock? I would like to order it together with the bbshd. Thanks!

Comment

• paxtana
                        paxtana commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hopefully soon but I can't say for sure..

Paxtana, can you tell me for the adapter, does my bottom bracket have to have notches that stop the adapters from going in all the way on both sides? My felt cruiser does not have notches so I'm curious how it would stay in place on both sides. Thanks!

Comment

• paxtana
                        paxtana commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Sorry I don't know the answer to that. I don't think you have to have notches since it is a sort of flange by design, and the lip of the adapter is larger than the rest.

You could always buy one and try it out, the listing has been restocked.
                    Working...
                    X