X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diggs Ut
    commented on 's reply
    No need for the upload. I'm glad to hear it's been trialed and checked out.

• paxtana
    replied
    I was helping a customer troubleshoot while back and guy kept blaming dielectric despite repeated explanations how that was not possible. So we shot a couple quick videos completely overpacking various xt90 connectors with dielectric grease, and showing no problem, bike still runs etc.. I could upload the videos if you like but the long and the short of it was that these fears are unfounded.

Leave a comment:

• Diggs Ut
    replied
    I have and use dialectic grease before but mostly to coat the exterior of connections after they are mated. I have had reservations about putting it inside an XT90 connector before mating as the grease is non-conductive and I worry about it interfering with conductivity when it is on mating conductive surfaces. After reading all of the above I guess my worries are unfounded. Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• haibike in germany
    replied

Leave a comment:

• staplebattery
    commented on 's reply
    I was thinking of using cat-5 for my hall sensor connection from motor to controller. Not the connectors, just the wire

• staplebattery
    commented on 's reply
    i just realized that if that comment was cited without the forum it could easily be taken out of context...

• staplebattery
    commented on 's reply
    I'm thinking I might leave slack in my wires on my next build so if there's a failure somewhere on the road I can always strip, twist and tape my way home...

• staplebattery
    commented on 's reply
    I've heard the marine grade shrink wrap has the grease in it already. And I usually use recycled wire and components when possible. I think the good copper wire rarely fails it's usually the connections right?

• Conor
    commented on 's reply
    No Im not planning on using an analyst, almost want bear minimum to get the bike running. I have a KEB72601. Have you any knowledge of where to gather more wiring diagrams for these motors. thanks

• AZguy
    commented on 's reply
    DC flows through the entire conductor not just the outside. The skin effect may be what you are referring to is when there is AC current that creates an AC magnetic field that "pushes" the flow towards the outside of the conductor perpendicular to the direction of travel effectively increasing the resistance in the center.

• AZguy
    commented on 's reply
    Nothing beats a *properly done* crimp but plenty of folks find the properly done part a bit tricky so these might have a space in time for those...

• AZguy
    commented on 's reply
    I really like this stuff but there are a few caveats.

Wash your hands or wear gloves - getting contamination, especially oils hurts it's ability to self-adhere.

Plan the wrapping so that the end you start with gets completely covered by a wrap and then put some heat shrink over the last wrap to prevent it from unwrapping. It takes time for it to fuse and the end likes to come loose and will continue to unwrap.

• calfee20
    replied
    Originally posted by Conor View Post
    Hi I recently purchased a 4kw Qs hub motor and a 4.5Kw programmable kelly controller with twist throttle. I am having issues with wiring as very poor wiring diagrams are provided. The batteries are 4 40ah lead batteries to achieve 48 volts. Just wondering are their any sites with good wiring diagrams and information or possibly if someone could help out that has installed one before. Thanks
    The motor is quite straight forward. What you need more are diagrams for the controller. Are you going to use a cycle analyst? That will change the wiring. Which Kelly controller?

Leave a comment:

• Conor
    replied
    Hi I recently purchased a 4kw Qs hub motor and a 4.5Kw programmable kelly controller with twist throttle. I am having issues with wiring as very poor wiring diagrams are provided. The batteries are 4 40ah lead batteries to achieve 48 volts. Just wondering are their any sites with good wiring diagrams and information or possibly if someone could help out that has installed one before. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Rider
    commented on 's reply
    I melted one recently too; completely ruined it. I've been buying them with pigtails ever since. ;-)
Working...
X