DPC-18 display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DPC-18 display

I just ordered the new dpc-18 display from Luna. It's supposed to have all the functions working, like calculated range and accurate battery percentage that the 750c seemed to lack. Maybe the clock will work too. Here's hoping it's better than the 750c

I like the 750c and it's my favorite "layout" for Speed, Watts and Volts of any Bafang display I've used to date. Is the clock a bummer? Sure, but I have my phone like everybody does. The "calculated range" data appears to be more a matter of the battery pack it's used with?

The DPC-18 looks cool for a vertical/portrait display. Not sure how I would like the "bar graph" in lieu of simply the large font numbers the 750c uses to display Speed & Watts?

Comment

I'll be very interested to hear if it can accurately display correct voltage (digital and analog) for 52V batteries. Also, I'm hoping it doesn't have the laggy buttons of the 750c. The clock really doesn't matter much to me either. (Certainly not enough to incur the wrath people seem to be directing on it.) The button lag actually matters though if you are trying to adjust quickly on a tight single-track.

Comment

• ykick
        ykick commented
        Editing a comment
        750c displays Volts fine and accurately compared to most of my equipment. Is the % remaining or that stupid "battery fuel gauge" calibrated for 52V? No and it's not very accurate with 48V either. But the volt meter itself is pretty accurate.

Even the much maligned DPC-14 volt meter is pretty accurate below 56V. I know folks love to bag on that display too since it won't read 58V HOC but seriously, once a load is applied the pack sags below 56V anyway and that pretty much tells me what I want/need to know.

I wanna see power (Watts), Speed and Volts. With that info I can manage most any situation (max continuous power) and estimated range reasonably well...

It is supposed to be here Monday so I can give you all some answers when I take my test ride. I don't mind the clock not working either. I just like to have things working that I paid for

Comment

guys unfortunately i am at the front lines of new displays etc and help bafang improve the interfaces etc....

the dpc-18 is an incredible display... the best one yet... but still it has a bunch of stuff that does not make sense... like features that do not work.... etc... but the fundamental features it does perfectly.

i guess bafang has plans someday for their display to communicate with the batteries bms (no bms exists now that does that) so that you will get independent series lines voltage read out etc.... honestly it will line them up for a world of hurt when newbies ask hey why is my new batttery reading low on series line #7 etc.... .and it will be up to me to tell bafang its best to take those features off than offer something that is giong to create a bunch of problems.

if you have a color display that give you accurate voltage , speed, cadence control etc... its better than what we had 6 months ago.

trust me its hard....

Comment

Is one able to limit current on a DPC-18? I use this function a lot because the battery is the weak link in my systems.

Comment

Yes I also want to know if the DPC-18 offer current limit. I thought there were two modes: eco and sport.

Comment

I just received my DPC-18 last Friday and installed it yesterday. Is there a manual for it somewhere that I can download? I need to check and possibly change the wheel size as I have 29 inch wheels.

Comment

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...-documentation

Comment

There is a link for the user manual on Eric Luna's link to the dpc-18 documentation thread/sticky just above this post. I want to know what eco/sport mode does. I read thru the user manual and it tells how to select it but not what it does. As for limiting current is that not what the programmable software is for lol. You can limit it in pas levels etc. So Eric what does eco/sport do. Only reference in the manual says starting???

Comment

Well the manual is wrong lol. There is no eco/sport mode. That location in the settings page is where you now set how many pas levels you want to be able to select via the display. New updated manual please bafang lol.

Comment

So apparently there may be an eco/sport mode but only with the ultra integrated motor. Different firmware and programming. ?? Getting relevant info on this stuff is like pulling teeth blind lol

Comment

Originally posted by Scott S View Post
                      So apparently there may be an eco/sport mode but only with the ultra integrated motor. Different firmware and programming. ?? Getting relevant info on this stuff is like pulling teeth blind lol
                      OK, I am confused on this one.
                      If the DPC-18 display supports eco and sport mode, and given the Apex is supposed to use it, why would the Apex not have an eco and Sport mode.

Can someone at Luna clarify this?

Thanks

Comment

The apex uses the ultra motor so it probably has the eco/sport mode in the dpc-18. I am thinking it is a tourqe sensor thing only. The dpc-18 used with a bbs02 or bbshd does not have eco/sport but 9 pas level capability. That is how I decipher it. Like I said. Reliable info is like pulling teeth blind!

Comment

• scrambler
                          scrambler commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Well my confusion comes from the fact that I asked Luna if the Apex had two modes, on that could be set to match the 750W "legal limit", and one to deliver the full power, and I was told no, that it only had one mode.

Maybe the sport/eco thing is a where you live thing. Not available to USA???

Comment

Working...
                        X