BBSHD wire cutting....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBSHD wire cutting....

Hello.. I have some cables I wont be using on my BBSHD install such as the gear and brake sensors and a small lead for a light that also comes out of the controller. Can I simply cut these off? I really like a clean install and the less zip ties the better...

Sure, brake/gear sensor connections tap the same circuit. Lighting tap is 6VDC. Watch out for any shorts but it's fine to lose those connections. You can also run without a dashboard/display if you really wanna go Chopper/Digger....

Comment

I'll second the 'make sure power is disconnected' before cutting those. Make sure power is off and the capacitors have been discharged. Disconnect the battery and then try to turn it on, that should drain the capacitors.

Comment

Thanks guys will do...... I should cap off the cut leads somehow? If I leave half an inch or so poking out of the controller I could use a blob of silicone in a little rubber cap? or something.....

Comment

You should cap off the cut leads if doing this, yes. Silicone would probably work. Personally I would use a couple coats of Liquid Electrical Tape.

Comment

Working...
          X