I finally pulled the trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally pulled the trigger

I ordered my kit and now I must find a place that sells batteries. What good is a kit without a battery and Luna does not sell batteries – well not usable one's.

I would appreciate any help toward finding reputable and reasonably priced places to purchase batteries. You gentlemen and ladies have went through the misery of weeding these places out and I am in a hurry so I would appreciate any help you are willing to give.
    very much
    Thank you

Originally posted by ancient11 View Post
    I ordered my kit and now I must find a place that sells batteries. What good is a kit without a battery and Luna does not sell batteries – well not usable one's.

I would appreciate any help toward finding reputable and reasonably priced places to purchase batteries. You gentlemen and ladies have went through the misery of weeding these places out and I am in a hurry so I would appreciate any help you are willing to give.
    very much
    Thank you
    I'm a little confused by, "Luna does not sell batteries – well not usable one's."

Luna sells batteries, at very competitive prices and very good ones too by all accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ade View Post

I'm a little confused by, "Luna does not sell batteries – well not usable one's."

Luna sells batteries, at very competitive prices and very good ones too by all accounts.

I have tried several times to order the kit and also the battery at the same time – – every time I do this it offers a way to put it in the wish list but not purchase it. I then go back and omit the battery and it gives me a way to purchase (as it did this time but only if I omit the battery). I was willing to come from 20 amp down to 10 amp but I wanted a slim line battery – not a dolphin pack. This would put me buying another pack a couple of months later. We are talking about two or $300 extra. I am just having poor luck with purchasing a battery at Luna, whether it is me or what ever it just is not working out.

Comment

Originally posted by ancient11 View Post

I have tried several times to order the kit and also the battery at the same time – – every time I do this it offers a way to put it in the wish list but not purchase it. I then go back and omit the battery and it gives me a way to purchase (as it did this time but only if I omit the battery). I was willing to come from 20 amp down to 10 amp but I wanted a slim line battery – not a dolphin pack. This would put me buying another pack a couple of months later. We are talking about two or $300 extra. I am just having poor luck with purchasing a battery at Luna, whether it is me or what ever it just is not working out.
        I think it's because their batteries are very popular so go out of stock fairly rapidly. Why not email they support and ask when they're likely to get the battery you're interested in back in stock?

Comment

Same thing happened to me a cpl times. I was using both wish list & buy to document my choices while I continued to figure out exactly what I wanted. I would then change this list as I learned more. I believe Ade is correct that your specific battery choices became unavailable while in the wish list. Popular battery packs get sold out quickly, sometimes as your making your order. I just made my purchase yesterday and the battery pack I ended up with was my third selection. Like you I was unwilling to wait so I compromised from what I really wanted to what I would consider acceptable. As Ade mentions, if you're willing to wait for a new shipment/production run you can get what you want or like myself see if there's an acceptable alternative available NOW. I did a lot of research on suppliers and Luna wins in price & quality hands down.

Comment

Yeah,

Of course, Luna famously sells batteries that are more than just usable, and are often the latest chemistries.

So, Ancient11 was upset about a battery being unavailable ....

Of course, there's no real "misery" or real "weeding out" process of selecting a "reputable" source for eBike battery packs.

Patience, grasshopper!

Originally posted by Ade View Post

Last edited by Louis; 05-13-2016, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Some of the best packs are regularly overlooked. I can't believe how often there are great Dolphin packs available and yet everyone wants the Shark. I'm not knocking the bread and butter, but a Dolphin is one of the strongest packs made. On/off switch, 5A charge port and a steel enforced bracket. My favorite for several years. I bought a Shark case for a build and because I wanted to take one apart(no cells just a case) I'm selling it and ordered another bare Dolphin. (for $35 less than Lectric sells the base alone for.) The soft packs are another overlooked pack. There are some really nice, although pricey frame bags out there that make a great fit on more frames but there seems to be no attention paid. Oh well...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-05-13 at 10.01.51 PM.png
Views:	92
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	6344 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-05-13 at 10.01.20 PM.png
Views:	71
Size:	734.1 KB
ID:	6345

Comment

Neat stuff Louis. The revelatedesign bags are nice & slightly pricey but if you venture down the rabbit hole it leads you to OMG that's expensive lol. Makes the Luna bag look like hand me down pricing. Glad I got my Luna before I saw those.

Comment

Originally posted by tonk View Post
                    Neat stuff Louis. The revelatedesign bags are nice & slightly pricey but if you venture down the rabbit hole it leads you to OMG that's expensive lol. Makes the Luna bag look like hand me down pricing. Glad I got my Luna before I saw those.
                    It also leads you to, "bugger, but it's not easy to take that off to charge indoors, especially when you have gloves on for the -20C temperatures."

Comment

I wish to thank everyone for responding to my plea for help. I think that I've finally received joy on ordering a battery (Slimline), but we will have to wait and see if I get a confirmation. Communication has never been my strength and so it might have seemed that I was upset or trying to trash Lunacycle, when in reality I was just trying to state a fact, perhaps poorly but what actually happened.

One thing I have noticed is that everyone on this board seems to automatically assume that you are riding a diamond frame, but I gave those up when I was much younger (somewhere around 80 or 81) and now I ride a trike and will never go back. All those packs go with a diamond frame but most would look horrible on a trike. The Slimline is perfect however. I will have to save up my pennies for the second pack so I can have my 20 amps that I require.

Comment

Hey,

Nice to see you're getting something that will work well for you.

I roll around on a eTrike too. Yeah, sometimes my communication/rhetoric is a little strong, which is just routine proof that I'm not a perfect person, shocking as that seems. Ha, ha, ha...

Anyway, when you got it like you like it, please let us all see a photo.

Comment

Springtime is absolutely the busiest time of the year for every ebike parts vendor. Luna has great prices on batteries (which are usually the most expensive part of a system) so they are the item where prices are scrutinized the most when someone is getting ready to "pull the trigger". If you want something in particular, you better buy it when it's in stock...
                          Last edited by spinningmagnets; 05-19-2016, 07:11 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                          X