li-ion battery charger

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

li-ion battery charger

hi guys! I want to build 24v 10A lithium ion battery charger for my own made 24v 20Ah battery pack. I also used BMS for my battery pack. Can you please guide me to build that charger?

What is your electrical background? This is an electrical engineering project even at it's simplest - however these chargers are very simple in principal (and design) but in order to be "safe" there are criteria to meet. We need to understand your electrical proficiency in order to help though. How comfortable are you with using a device like this: http://www.vishay.com/docs/65124/sic46x.pdf ?

10A is a high charge rate and you should ensure you want to charge your particular cells at that rate. If I was rolling-my-own I would make the charge current variable or at least multi-level. OTOH, 24V makes things pretty easy.

What is the intended input? Do you have a DC power source or do you intend to make something that runs on AC?

Comment

OP, please post up what info you have so far. Don’t be afraid to post too much. Long, detailed posts with details, charts, etc. are great.

Are you sure you want to charge lithium ion cells at 10A? What specific cells are you using?

Comment

Working...
      X