Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrorockit
    replied
    The stretched derailer hanger worked. The LBS owner asked if it could be bent to align the derailer. I said yes. He did bend it and it didn't break. So 6061 parts are good for this. The welder used 6061 filler rod to weld them.

Leave a comment:

• Retrorockit
    replied
    Got the part from Wheels. Nothing wrong with it. Just a bolt on one size fits all sort of thing. I also ordered 2x Wheels 6061 original style hangers. Cut them 2/3, and 2/3 each end and had them welded into a longer one. So my LBS can go either way. The adapter moves the derailer out about 1/8", and can go up to 46T and I only need 40T so I made one of my own also.Waiting for rapid rise shifters from Hong Kong.

Leave a comment:

• Retrorockit
    replied
    I found one from Wheels Manufactuoring. I'm comfortable with them because they've been making Derailer hangers for years. It's on the way.

Leave a comment:

• Retrorockit
    started a topic Derailer hanger extensionneeded

Derailer hanger extensionneeded

I have an 11-40T 8 speed casette I want to run with my BBSHD. I need a derailer hanger extension to use this. The Wolf Tooth says it's for 10,11 speed, and for converting road bikes. Does anyone know of one that converts 8,9 speed MTB frames?
Working...
X