X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrorockit
    started a topic Derailer hanger extensionneeded

Derailer hanger extensionneeded

I have an 11-40T 8 speed casette I want to run with my BBSHD. I need a derailer hanger extension to use this. The Wolf Tooth says it's for 10,11 speed, and for converting road bikes. Does anyone know of one that converts 8,9 speed MTB frames?

• Retrorockit
    replied
    The stretched derailer hanger worked. The LBS owner asked if it could be bent to align the derailer. I said yes. He did bend it and it didn't break. So 6061 parts are good for this. The welder used 6061 filler rod to weld them.

Leave a comment:

• Retrorockit
    replied
    Got the part from Wheels. Nothing wrong with it. Just a bolt on one size fits all sort of thing. I also ordered 2x Wheels 6061 original style hangers. Cut them 2/3, and 2/3 each end and had them welded into a longer one. So my LBS can go either way. The adapter moves the derailer out about 1/8", and can go up to 46T and I only need 40T so I made one of my own also.Waiting for rapid rise shifters from Hong Kong.

Leave a comment:

• Retrorockit
    replied
    I found one from Wheels Manufactuoring. I'm comfortable with them because they've been making Derailer hangers for years. It's on the way.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X