Battery packs in parallel?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery packs in parallel?

I'd like to wire 2 52v Panasonic GA 14 ah battery packs in parallel. Is the impedance similar enough from one pack to another so that both can be charged simultaneously on the bike? Worst case I can charge them individually but I'd rather not as they will also be charged en route while traveling with a 800W portable generator. Thanks in advance.

No, you don't want to charge while plugged in parallel.

Comment

Since you are on the subject...............I am looking to add a 2nd 52v pack as well. It will be an identical one to which I already have. My current one has roughly 50-60 charges put on it or approx 350 miles of mid to high drain use on it. I do plan to "balance" the new one by using it about the same to get them at a similar state. Then I would like to wire them in parallel on the xt90 outputs. The pack I have is a Panasonic 52v 12.5ah 25R pack from you guys at Luna. I think it has a constant output of 50A and burst of 80A per pack. I would like to double that to keep my throttle junkie moments from stressing the battery too much. So my actual question (PAX?) Since my packs will live inside the metal tank of my "Ruffian" build, could I leave the batteries attached via the xt90s since charging is done via the xt60s? I am thinking of mounting the xt60 connectors so that i can just plug my charger into one, then the other. I prefer to not have to make a disconnect for the xt90 outputs, but I will defer to your expertise. Thanks in advance Pax!
      Doug
      https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...need-your-help

Comment

This is possible if you use a blocking diode.

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...​​​​

Comment

I am familiar with the concept. Basically only allows electrons to flow in one direction. Just wanted an expert opinion. Thanks Pax!!!

Comment

Working...
          X