A couple of questions about 1800 watt build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of questions about 1800 watt build

Good day friends, I'm building a 1800 watt 48v 24amp 3 wheel vehicle, so far I have 90% of the rolling chassis done and I'm currently wiring, I have a couple of questions:

a) The controller has two wires labeled "charge" it is a chinese 1800 watt 48v controller, my vehicle will have an on board battery charger with a plug to connect an extension cord, should I connect the output of the charger to these two wires in the controller or just go directly to the battery pack? (or these two wires labeled "charge" are not inputs and actually outputs?.)

b) the two pair of wires labeled "brake" and "braking" I understand one is an input from the brake lever and the other one is a 48 output that is hot when the brake is applied, when applying the brake do the controller actually electrically/magnetically brakes or just cuts power?

c) The voltmeter typically gets connected to "indicator" and what plug would be a good place to tap for a 48v to 12v transformer for 12v ligths and accesories? this same indicator wires?
    my motor and controller have the 3 phase wires and the 5 wire plug hall wires.

Thanks in advance

I think it would be a great idea if you would upload pictures of all those connectors. Sometimes seeing the color of the wires helps people give you useful information.

Comment

Thank you, I tried both ways and it charges the same, thru the charge port in the controller and directly to the batteries, the charge port in the controller is "on" even when the controller is off.

Comment

The charge wires are connected to the BMS. Do not charge via the output connections! BMS is monitering your cells and allows balancing. You need a DC to DC converter to get your 12v. Transformers don't work with dc......

Comment

Working...
        X