Trek Roscoe 7 upgrade with a BBSHD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trek Roscoe 7 upgrade with a BBSHD

I am thinking about buying a Trek Roscoe 7 and installing a BBSHD. I am concerned about chain stay clearance. The bike comes with a 28T crank sprocket. Has anyone done this conversion? What chain ring type and size did you use? Is this a bike that I should pass on? Is this a Fatal flaw?

It looks like I need to insert spacers on the BBSHD to provide clearance to the 123mm gear reduction housing. Does anyone know what the max thickness of shims that can be installed with a 73mm bottom bracket? I assume I will loose the lock nut.

I've done a dimensional stackup and it looks good for chain alignment in the design. I just need to check the dimensions needed to clear the gear reduction housing. The gear reduction housing is the same diameter as the 28t crank sprocket, so i know that the BBSHD will fit. It is just a matter of how much thread I will have left on the BBSHD. I don't want to trim the lower bracket tube, but I can if necessary.
    Last edited by MM879; 04-05-2019, 03:31 PM.

Comment

It looks like I can mount the BBSHD, but can't get a decent chain line. The best I could come up is 60.00mm to 11T. I would have to add spacer to the BBSHD on the drive side and use a spacer on the Lekikie 42t. The project is officially cancelled. I might still but the bike for manual riding.

Comment

Working...
      X