Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What motor kits will fit 2017 stumpjumper?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What motor kits will fit 2017 stumpjumper?

It uses a PF30 BB.

Thanks, Scott

The BB-30 is 41mm diameter. You will need a bushing if the BBSHD will fit on the bike. There is a limit of wide of diameter of lower bracket will fit the BBSHD. I think it is like 48mm.

I made up a spread sheet for dimensional stack-up analysis. You will be able to forecast the chain centerline and determine if you want to move ahead. I found that my project a Roscoe 7 would not work well with the BBSHD. I think that many of the single sprocket bikes will have the same problems. A large cassette with a bad chainline is a recipe for problems. I can send out the spreadsheet if you want give it a try. You need to be pretty good with Excel.

Comment

Originally posted by MM879 View Post
      The BB-30 is 41mm diameter. You will need a bushing if the BBSHD will fit on the bike. There is a limit of wide of diameter of lower bracket will fit the BBSHD. I think it is like 48mm.

I made up a spread sheet for dimensional stack-up analysis. You will be able to forecast the chain centerline and determine if you want to move ahead. I found that my project a Roscoe 7 would not work well with the BBSHD. I think that many of the single sprocket bikes will have the same problems. A large cassette with a bad chainline is a recipe for problems. I can send out the spreadsheet if you want give it a try. You need to be pretty good with Excel.
      Thanks. I think it won't work. I have the carbon frame.

Comment

I think that you are correct.

Comment

Working...
        X