Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• atrr
    replied
    Tried to open hub to confirm but hex head bolts on hub rounded off when trying to remove. Saw the Polaris promo video for my bike, it states it is brushless. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_B_71DZKCg
    Last edited by atrr; 09-13-2019, 12:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JPLabs
    replied
    Ok. Maybe it's a DC motor after all, then. The specs I saw said brushless, but that's 3 power wires

I guess you could briefly apply, say 12VDC, to those motor cables and see if it spins. If so, it's most likely a PM DC motor. If not, might damage something trying this, I suppose.

You'd be better off finding specs though. Know what you have.

Leave a comment:

• atrr
    replied
    The battery case has connector that has thick connector to the two thick wire of the hub motor. The BMS is soldered directly to the battery pack (the large green panel in picture, battery pack underneath). Could not find any specs, other than 44v battery on label.
    Last edited by atrr; 09-13-2019, 12:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JPLabs
    replied
    Hmm, I can't tell what that is, but I'm not seeing any heavy guage wires. Is that possibly battery management, and onboard charger? Is it labelled?

Do you have any specs?

Sorry, I can't tell what you have there.

Leave a comment:

• atrr
    replied
    Photos of burnt controller, I removed two capacitors and transistor.

Leave a comment:

• JPLabs
    replied
    Feel free to post more photos. Maybe that is a controller, but then the 2 wires is really confusing...

Leave a comment:

• atrr
    replied
    Thanks for the reply, it is a Duo Drive, I thought the large controller attached to the top of battery pack was controller? Bit confused on how this works.

Leave a comment:

• JPLabs
    replied
    From a quick search, that could be a Duo Drive? If so, it's brushless. Two fat wires means the controller and phase wires are inside the hub motor. You'd need to remove that controller and fit a new one inside the same space, or find a way to extend all the wires need for a controller outside the hub. The latter is near impossible.

If not brushless, then it's just a DC motor and those are the power wires, you could use them with any DC motor controller.

Leave a comment:

• PIM / Polaris bicycle motor hub wheel to generic controller

Hey guys, need help in using PIM / Polaris bicycle motor hub wheel to generic controller. My concern is there is only two thick wires from the hub, not the normally three wires. Any suggestion?
    Attached Files
Working...
X