Photo upload changed, now a problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo upload changed, now a problem

The posting photos dialogue box has changed and I can't seem to post a photo. An error comes up saying I have an invalid photo. I am trying to upload a photo. Have the requirements changed?

Maybe I'll try again.

Well I can photos in a list below but not in the body of the post
    Attached Files
    Last edited by calfee20; 02-02-2017, 06:39 PM.

Comment

I'm trying one of your photos -
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image_5545.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	267.4 KB
ID:	27129

Comment

i wish it was eaier...i am trying to find if it possible to make picture and upload as it is easy on FB.... i believe FB group is killling the forums... not just ebike forums but all forums...because picutre upload and easy phone viewing is so easy.... almost every new thread contains a photo on FB.... i would like to seomohw make our forum require a picture on any new thread start.... what do you guys think?

Comment

• calfee20
          calfee20 commented
          Editing a comment
          Facebook is directly linked to phone which makes uploading a photo as easy as texting a photo..........maybe I should try from my phone.

• calfee20
          calfee20 commented
          Editing a comment
          I would not mind. I hate to type and I would rather post photos which will quickly express my thoughts as opposed to writing. I think a lot of forum members may have trouble with photo size manipulation and it might cause them to hesitate to start a thread. It seems every forum has it's own quirks that need to be learned to post photos. I have failed over at the bike forums but I mostly use them for research. I may only have a dozen posts or so over there.

• ykick
          ykick commented
          Editing a comment
          Pictures speak a 1000 words. Dunno exactly why, but I like the idea of "sharing" a picture in order to post or at least author a thread? Many visual learners out there...

Well I tried with 3 different browsers and now a forth which is supposed to mimic google

Same Problem.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by calfee20; 02-03-2017, 11:25 AM.

Comment

I will have to try from my other PC and my phone. This is my main PC that holds all of my files and does all of the heavy lifting.

My phone didn't work but I didn't try very hard. It didn't reduce the photo automatically like it does with a text.
          Last edited by calfee20; 02-03-2017, 11:33 AM.

Comment

This is my PC that runs a big screen TV, same but different.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	569.4 KB ID:	27143

Oh I think I got it now. That new dialogue box threw me off. When you click on the photo icon in the tool bar a new box comes up.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture6.PNG Views:	1 Size:	34.7 KB ID:	27144

I was checking the box that said "Retrieve remote file and reference locally". I think that was my problem. I will try again later on my main PC because I have an update on my latest build.

Sorry for the hassle...........calfee
            Last edited by calfee20; 02-03-2017, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Let me experiment here. Click image for larger version  Name:	2016_12_19_17_00_43_ProShot.jpg Views:	1 Size:	367.5 KB ID:	27151

OH you can scrub your oversize files through your new updated tool bar. This is great it will make posting photos a lot easier.

Just so everyone doesn't think that all I do is think about bikes here is a batch of BlackBerry jelly that I made from my own blackberry bushes.
              Last edited by calfee20; 02-03-2017, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Cool, the upload attachment works with large files, automatically, now!

Testing too, ok, cool idea Calfee. Here's something I do besides ebikes. But it's not very good on toast.....

Mmmmmmmmm. Jam. That looked delicious.^^

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0419_zpsdf183623.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	3.35 MB
ID:	27155
                Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

Hopefully you are marketing those sculptures, people will buy them. Of course that is a good way to ruin a hobby, nicely done.

Comment

• JPLabs
                    JPLabs commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks CPG. I don't want to ruin the hobby, you nailed it. I'll build stuff now, for fun. Maybe I'll hawk it to others after I'm old and retired.

I just found out that if your photo is larger than 3.5 megs the forum will not resize it for you. So check photo sizes and take appropriate steps.

Comment

Working...
                  X