How to mark threads solved

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to mark threads solved

Yet another forum question. A couple of week ago I started the thread https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...bottom-bracket. Is it possible to mark the thread solved so the first thing new viewers see is not unsolved problem?

David

It could be sticky'd but I don't know if that would accomplish what you're suggesting? There's also something in the mod tools which "approves" but I doubt that would create a "solved" categorization?

Comment

Several of the technical forums I use have a 'Solved' button. If a poster feels their question has been answered or issue has been solved, it can be marked solved. A big [SOLVED] is added to the end of thread title.

It can make it easier for new user to navigate a forum. I am not sure if vBulletin has the feature and it is just turn off on this site. It is not a show stopper, but I always thought it was a handy feature:)

Comment

Looks like the forum had a default of 5 minutes that users can edit the topic title and have it display on the forum.

I have changed that so you can edit the title up to 4 months after the initial post. Should be working now if you ever want to edit your post and mark something solved in the title.

Comment

Perfect. thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X