Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• commuter ebikes
    commented on 's reply
    I think he got a notification that a post had been made (by you) on a thread to which he was subscribed.

• Scott S
    replied
    Intramorph. Yours was legit. My mistake!!
    I now log off after every visit to the forum and have not had another phony notification so all is good.
    Thanks for the concern.
    Scott.
    Last edited by Scott S; 11-01-2017, 09:57 AM. Reason: Typos

Leave a comment:

• intramorph
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott S View Post
    Well I had 3 of these notifications just now when I came on. All 3 we're titled "in this weeks edition of soccer". 2 posted by klddderer and 1 other and sorry to say but don't understand why but intramorph and 1 other. I don't want anyone banned but this can be a little bit annoying lol.
    what is very interesting is the 2 by klddderer when clicked on said you don't have permission to view page put the intramorph notification clicked on to this page???
    again I can live with it but this is wierd lol.

Maybe it is possible I read the intramorph notification wrong but the other 2 are still on my notification page as they don't disappear if I don't dismiss the. Even after clicking on the them and getting no permission to view.
    wait scott you got a notification from my account? I assure you it's not coming from me. but would like to if possible can you please take a screenshot and show me. Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Scott S
    replied
    Ya I think I hit the wrong tab when intramorphs post brought me to this page. But kiddderers not so. I just dismissed those. As I stated I can live with it when it happens.
    Thanks all!!
    Last edited by Scott S; 10-31-2017, 11:32 AM. Reason: Typos. I am blind lol

Leave a comment:

• commuter ebikes
    replied
    This happened to me, too, but it was a long time ago. I looked into it at the time, and it turns out that the forum member who made the post had been banned.

I would imagine that the intramorph notification was in reference to his most recent comment on this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Scott S
    replied
    I never subscribed specifically to any subsection. When I post on a thread I will get notifications when someone else posts on hat thread. When notified it always says there is post on my subscription but I never specifically subscribed. If that makes any sense lol.

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    replied
    Are you subscribed to a specific subsection of the forum?

Leave a comment:

• Scott S
    replied
    Well I had 3 of these notifications just now when I came on. All 3 we're titled "in this weeks edition of soccer". 2 posted by klddderer and 1 other and sorry to say but don't understand why but intramorph and 1 other. I don't want anyone banned but this can be a little bit annoying lol.
    what is very interesting is the 2 by klddderer when clicked on said you don't have permission to view page put the intramorph notification clicked on to this page???
    again I can live with it but this is wierd lol.

Maybe it is possible I read the intramorph notification wrong but the other 2 are still on my notification page as they don't disappear if I don't dismiss the. Even after clicking on the them and getting no permission to view.
    Last edited by Scott S; 10-31-2017, 08:34 AM. Reason: Typos

Leave a comment:

• commuter ebikes
    commented on 's reply
    There are a multitude of spambots! The spam is indeed annoying. Good luck in your endeavors.

• intramorph
    replied
    Originally posted by commuter ebikes View Post
    Now it looks like I have mistakenly banned a legitimate member (intramorph) because I mistook him for a spambot.
    I apologize to intramorph. I will have to be way more careful!
    Ohh not a problem at all :) I used to be an admin on a forum of 200k+ members so i of all people understand what happened. Wish you luck with the spambots they can be very annoying

Leave a comment:

• commuter ebikes
    commented on 's reply
    HIGHVOLTAGE sent me a PM. This won't ever happen again.

• Scott S
    replied
    Ya only happens on my phone. I can live with it. I had one early today and forgot to take note who the poster was. I don't want good members getting banned!!!

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    replied
    Yikes. Glad you realized it, how did you find out, did he notify you? I just changed our contact form so it points somewhere I can access.

Leave a comment:

• commuter ebikes
    replied
    Now it looks like I have mistakenly banned a legitimate member (intramorph) because I mistook him for a spambot.
    I apologize to intramorph. I will have to be way more careful!

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    yeah mobile is weird. i can't do some stuff on mobile either, like selecting everything in the moderation queue all at once.
Working...
X