Sports notifications and others?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sports notifications and others?

This is mostly for administrators unless someone else knows what is going on here. I keep getting weird notifications. Mostly something to do with sports and other stuff. If I click on it it says I do not have permission to view it. It sure as heck is not about e bikes lol!!
    Getting a lot of them lately and very annoying.
    Last edited by Scott S; 10-29-2017, 03:44 PM. Reason: Typos

Does it say something about streaming videos?
    We get a lot of spam from someone operating a botnet trying to post this sort of thing on our forum but this is the first I have heard of them attempting to send a notification. What username(s) were sending these messages? Can you take a screenshot?

Comment

What is probably happening is that the spambots are posting on a thread to which you are subscribed. Once we delete the spam post, you cannot view it.

These spam posts don’t survive very long, but don’t worry, you’re not missing out on any valuable content. To the contrary, I would imagine that trying to access the so called Live Streaming would invite malware.
      Last edited by commuter ebikes; 10-29-2017, 10:56 PM.

Comment

commuter ebikes we need to start selecting to permanently delete threads if that is the case. In the threads or notifications when deleting it gives option to soft delete or permanent. We want permanent, and check boxes for delete all other threads by user, and submit to anti-spam service, and ban.
        I think this may resolve it as the node is fully deleted.

Comment

• commuter ebikes
          commuter ebikes commented
          Editing a comment
          When I use my phone, I can and do act precisely as you described above.

When I use my laptop, I do not see this "broad sweep" option so I ban the user and, in a separate step, permanently delete all of their posts.

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          yeah mobile is weird. i can't do some stuff on mobile either, like selecting everything in the moderation queue all at once.

Now it looks like I have mistakenly banned a legitimate member (intramorph) because I mistook him for a spambot.
        I apologize to intramorph. I will have to be way more careful!

Comment

Yikes. Glad you realized it, how did you find out, did he notify you? I just changed our contact form so it points somewhere I can access.

Comment

• commuter ebikes
            Editing a comment
            HIGHVOLTAGE sent me a PM. This won't ever happen again.

Ya only happens on my phone. I can live with it. I had one early today and forgot to take note who the poster was. I don't want good members getting banned!!!

Comment

Originally posted by commuter ebikes View Post
            Now it looks like I have mistakenly banned a legitimate member (intramorph) because I mistook him for a spambot.
            I apologize to intramorph. I will have to be way more careful!
            Ohh not a problem at all :) I used to be an admin on a forum of 200k+ members so i of all people understand what happened. Wish you luck with the spambots they can be very annoying

Comment

• commuter ebikes
              Editing a comment
              There are a multitude of spambots! The spam is indeed annoying. Good luck in your endeavors.

Well I had 3 of these notifications just now when I came on. All 3 we're titled "in this weeks edition of soccer". 2 posted by klddderer and 1 other and sorry to say but don't understand why but intramorph and 1 other. I don't want anyone banned but this can be a little bit annoying lol.
            what is very interesting is the 2 by klddderer when clicked on said you don't have permission to view page put the intramorph notification clicked on to this page???
            again I can live with it but this is wierd lol.

Maybe it is possible I read the intramorph notification wrong but the other 2 are still on my notification page as they don't disappear if I don't dismiss the. Even after clicking on the them and getting no permission to view.
            Last edited by Scott S; 10-31-2017, 08:34 AM. Reason: Typos

Comment

Are you subscribed to a specific subsection of the forum?

Comment

I never subscribed specifically to any subsection. When I post on a thread I will get notifications when someone else posts on hat thread. When notified it always says there is post on my subscription but I never specifically subscribed. If that makes any sense lol.

Comment

This happened to me, too, but it was a long time ago. I looked into it at the time, and it turns out that the forum member who made the post had been banned.

I would imagine that the intramorph notification was in reference to his most recent comment on this thread.

Comment

Ya I think I hit the wrong tab when intramorphs post brought me to this page. But kiddderers not so. I just dismissed those. As I stated I can live with it when it happens.
                    Thanks all!!
                    Last edited by Scott S; 10-31-2017, 11:32 AM. Reason: Typos. I am blind lol

Comment

Originally posted by Scott S View Post
                      Well I had 3 of these notifications just now when I came on. All 3 we're titled "in this weeks edition of soccer". 2 posted by klddderer and 1 other and sorry to say but don't understand why but intramorph and 1 other. I don't want anyone banned but this can be a little bit annoying lol.
                      what is very interesting is the 2 by klddderer when clicked on said you don't have permission to view page put the intramorph notification clicked on to this page???
                      again I can live with it but this is wierd lol.

Maybe it is possible I read the intramorph notification wrong but the other 2 are still on my notification page as they don't disappear if I don't dismiss the. Even after clicking on the them and getting no permission to view.
                      wait scott you got a notification from my account? I assure you it's not coming from me. but would like to if possible can you please take a screenshot and show me. Thank you

Comment

• commuter ebikes
                        Editing a comment
                        I think he got a notification that a post had been made (by you) on a thread to which he was subscribed.

Intramorph. Yours was legit. My mistake!!
                      I now log off after every visit to the forum and have not had another phony notification so all is good.
                      Thanks for the concern.
                      Scott.
                      Last edited by Scott S; 11-01-2017, 09:57 AM. Reason: Typos

Comment

Working...
                      X