Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unexpected text appears on the forum posts

Hello guys!

First of all thanks for your great work to create and maintain this forum.

I've got a little annoying issue, for all of my posts I getting appended unexpected string "-- NORMAL --".

I believe this caused by JS in ckeditor functionality and innerText is not got wiped before form submit. I'm using latest Safari 9.1.1 (11601.6.17) on OS X.

I've attached screen where we can see this string in the source code.

Thanks!

Regards,
    Denys Lieu -- NORMAL --
    ^^ I don't know why, but --NORMAL-- thing appears automatically to all of my posts o_0. -- NORMAL --

Nah, that's just USA internet deciding if you are OK or not and labelling you accordingly. It is a free public service, here.

Consider yourself lucky. -- ABNORMAL --
    Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

wow thats wierd...ok let me look into this...

I will fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by JPLabs View Post
        Nah, that's just USA internet deciding if you are OK or not and labelling you accordingly. It is a free public service, here.

Consider yourself lucky. -- ABNORMAL --
        ​Ah, okay :D

Originally posted by Eric Luna View Post
        wow thats wierd...ok let me look into this...

I will fix it.
        Thanks! -- NORMAL --
        ^^ I don't know why, but --NORMAL-- thing appears automatically to all of my posts o_0. -- NORMAL --

Comment

So, before Erik goes too nuts, I added ABNORMAL to be funny. Whyredmind got it :)
          Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

vBulletin uses different classes of posts including "static" where I believe that replies don't move it to the top of the thread list. "Normal" where replies do promote it to the top (below stickies) & one called "Sticky"that always floats to the very top and I think a "Global" where it appears at the top of all categories. My BBS and IRC days are waaaay behind me...

Comment

Working...
            X