Crank Arm Offset Sticky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crank Arm Offset Sticky

It would be great to have a crank arm offset sticky. It appears the Bafang BBS02 crank arms are straighter (less offset) than the Bafang BBSHD crank arms. A comprehensive list of which crank arms are offset more than the others would be extremely helpful with the growing wider tire frames and left crank arm issues they present.

At some point the 100mm Bafang BBS02 is going to be a better choice for 73mm bottom brackets simply because of left crank arm clearance and better centering of the pedals.
    MOVING BACK TO PEDAL...
    2020 Banshee Paradox V3 1x11
    2018 Soma Wolverine 3spd IGH Belt Drive
    2018 Surly ECR 1x7
    1991 Schwinn Crosspoint 7spd (BBS02B)

While I would not want to discount the personal experience of others, as far as I know bbsxx cranks are bbsxx cranks, we do not pull from a separate inventory for bbs02 cranks vs bbshd cranks. I could confirm with the shop though, if you want..

Comment

I’m basing that on this thread.

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...page2?pp=53655

My BBS02B crank arms don’t have the offset of the BBSHD crank arm shown in the comparison. So checking your inventory would be great. I’m guessing a BBSHD or Electra left crank arm would serve me well for beter stay clearance and pedal centering.

Researching crank arms is difficult, because no one lists the offset and most don’t even show a top view picture.
      MOVING BACK TO PEDAL...
      2020 Banshee Paradox V3 1x11
      2018 Soma Wolverine 3spd IGH Belt Drive
      2018 Surly ECR 1x7
      1991 Schwinn Crosspoint 7spd (BBS02B)

Comment

Ok I can confirm we only pull from one inventory. However that does not mean that there couldn't have been changes in the design of the crank over the years or even the wrong crank sent to someone.

Comment

Working...
        X