Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SPAM ?? ,, it came back with Spam,,, and will not be shown until checked out ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPAM ?? ,, it came back with Spam,,, and will not be shown until checked out ??

Tried to edit my post and added some pictures ,, it came back with Spam,,, and will not be shown and will not be shown until checked out ??

Originally posted by DanT View Post
    Tried to edit my post and added some pictures ,, it came back with Spam,,, and will not be shown and will not be shown until checked out ??
    I approved it just now. Sorry for the delay! That was the spam filter software trying to do its job.

As one of many moderators, I log on several times a day and check the flagged posts. I really do check very frequently. Most often, the flagged posts are fine.

Needless to say, spam is annoying. This software is trying to catch the spam so that these pests move along. Perhaps the software is overly aggressive. We needed a weapon against spammers, though.

I have noted that links to a general url will often get flagged, but links to a specific page on a website do not get flagged. But, hey, I don't want to give away the recipe to the secret sauce, right? Not that I know the recipe.

If you guys or gals ever have a post that has been flagged as spam, you can edit out anything that might get the attention of a spam filter (and probably have to repost). You can also call or text me at (707)293-8973.
    Last edited by commuter ebikes; 09-18-2018, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X