Accidents

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accidents

Less than 20% of bicycle accidents are reported. Start a new topic to post accidents. The accident and what to do to avoid further incidents. And lessen the possibility of further accidents and resulting injuries
    with ebikes we travel more miles at higher speeds. Increasing our odds of serious injuries.
    The first two ice cars in utah auffered a fatal head on collision. Safety in cars has gone a long ways since then.
    But the data base on bike accidents is to meager to make rapid advances. There are a lot of crash dummies out there who have not reported in on their tests. Or theorized on future safety improvements.
    yes we are going to ride on the roads and the roads are dangerous.

The best thing, and cant say this enough is to wear a helmet. I see many people on ebikes cruising 20+ without helmets...crazy. also I would inspect daily that bolts are torqued correctly as most diy bikes are not tested to go 30mph+ and if you have a ebike that can reach speeds of 35+ I would wear a motorcycle helmet. personally I use a mips mtb helmet for cruises and change to a full face motorcycle helmet when I want to mess around testing high speeds. 2 side mirrors will also definetly help on heavily trafficked areas. dont let being stealthy to blend in hurt you bad.

Comment

I can't believe all of the bicycle riders that I see riding around without a helmet!

Comment

Working...
      X