Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good question, I often go to my username at the top right corner, if you click it you get a dropdown which has an option to show recent posts. It's a great way to check back on stuff you recently posted to, but only goes back so far.

If you want to go back farther, use the search dropdown and select Advanced. You can put in any member name here to see all posts
    https://electricbike.com/forum/searc...7D&AdvSearch=1

Comment

Does anyone else think there are too many sub forums/sections? There seem to be a lot of rarely used sections with only a few posts and it can make browsing the forum a little tiresome, I'm sure lots of posts in the quieter sections go unnoticed by the majority of users as a result. Would it be better to condense things down so we have more activity in fewer sections?

Comment

Originally posted by neil.b View Post
        Does anyone else think there are too many sub forums/sections? There seem to be a lot of rarely used sections with only a few posts and it can make browsing the forum a little tiresome, I'm sure lots of posts in the quieter sections go unnoticed by the majority of users as a result. Would it be better to condense things down so we have more activity in fewer sections?
        While I do agree with you that's not my call to go deleting sub forums, that would be up to Eric. Tell you what, I will pass along the request to him.

Comment

One good thing about having a lot of subforums is that, years down the road, a smaller amount of subforums will not be overfilled with topics.

Comment

Cant get a picture to post in my signature. Have you disabled it? I get 'Incorrect Server Response'

NO AIRBAGS .... WE DIE LIKE REAL MEN

Comment

• paxtana
              paxtana commented
              Editing a comment
              As far as I know this has never been enabled for sigs

• MichaelT
              MichaelT commented
              Editing a comment
              So the GUI is included but it hasn't been activated (pictures) on the server.....Hmmmm.
              Font works.
              Last edited by MichaelT; 02-14-2018, 11:11 PM.

Originally posted by MichaelT View Post
            Cant get a picture to post in my signature. Have you disabled it? I get 'Incorrect Server Response'
            To post photos I crop and resize until I get what I want and then I save them at 490 K. They could be bigger but that size works for most forums. Then click on the image square in the tool bar above, 8 from the right. An Image Properties window pops up, click upload. Then select browse, find your image on your PC select it and click send to server. Wait a couple of seconds and click OK. I hope this helps.

I never did figure out how to post a photo over at the bikeforums.com.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LUNA_BLACK_MAMBA-3__13604.1487202025.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	57982

Comment

• calfee20
              calfee20 commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh sorry, do you mean your Avatar? I can see why you might want to change that. Just go into your profile and on your photo there is a blue "edit avatar" button.

• AZguy
              AZguy commented
              Editing a comment
              I think he's referring to a common forum feature where you have a "signature line" that shows up at the bottom of every post you do.

I've been on plenty of forums and have never used this feature so never looked for it here and frankly can't for the life of me understand wanting to put a picture in it but then again my imagination is limited.....
              Last edited by AZguy; 02-15-2018, 06:37 AM.

• calfee20
              calfee20 commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh thanks for clearing that up.

I wish that you would add a Frame Building section.

Comment

Can something be done about the color of the top-most bar where the login/sign up link is located? It's the exact same color as the bookmark bar in Firefox, and I literally sat here for 15 minutes trying to figure out why there was no login link at the top of the forum. That top bar blends in so perfectly it appears like it's part of the Firefox browser window and not part of the page itself, so my eyes were not focusing there for awhile while trying to figure out how to log in. It wasn't until I went to this site in Chrome did I see the top bar, because the top of the Chrome window is just slightly different enough of a color to make the "Login or Sign Up" bar more noticeable.

Comment

• commuter ebikes
              commuter ebikes commented
              Editing a comment
              My buddy Alan B. told me about this forum as soon as it opened, and this same thing happened to me. I looked and looked, But I did not see the "Login/Register" letters. I contacted my buddy back (because he had registered already). He told me that you just have to look real carefully.

Can you turn-off your Spam Filter that locks a post just for editing a post twice within a short time? I like to correct formatting and spelling issues with my posts, but every time I need to edit more than once after my initial post my post gets blocked as spam and needs approval.

Thanks.

Comment

• paxtana
              paxtana commented
              Editing a comment
              Not really a way to do that without turning off the anti-spam service altogether unfortunately. They just do not offer that level of customization.
          Working...
          X