Solar Charger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solar Charger

Does anyone have a link to a Solar Charger for charging a Luna 48v battery. I use my Ebike for Backcountry Hunting and would like to be able to charge the battery.

There are more than a couple of companies that make these

One example is Genasun: https://genasun.eu/collections/genas...2-volt-wp-mppt

Comment

I use the genasun controller. My system is mounted on my bike and trailer. 260 watts total of renogy flexible panels. This is a road bike recumbent. 6 months plus no problems through winter.
      the 100 watt on the bike has been supplying all the power i need for traveling 30 miles a day. This charges at 1.2 plus amps, real world most of daylight hours. The standard wall charger is 2. So it is slow and good for the battery. Put in series trailer and bike panel charges well above 3 amps. 52 volt battery.
      for your use 4 - 50 watt panels would be transportable and charge faster than typical wall unit.
      the flexible panels are much lighter and smaller less breakable. But flexible does not mean you can flex or bend them radically. This will crack the cells.
      Other controllers are cheaper, but inefficient and not shock or moisture proof. The genasun is fully potted and shock proof with warrantee and excellent support. Same goes for the renogy panels. For transport and reliability you need these qualities. Sorry but it is not free, but for me i find it similar to having a reserve battery and less weight. About the same price.
      if you get a 48 volt invertor (most will handle the 58.8 colts from 52v nominal battery), you can power your rv when dry camping with your bike battery.
      Last edited by Gr8fun; 03-17-2020, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X